Parenting after 35

By popular demand...

Okay - so I have to preface the photo with an explanation.

It is an odd combination of photograph and painting. They printed the photo on the canvas and then some poor starving artist threw in some paint in the large areas (wall, bedspread, dog, Matt's jumper) to make it look like a real painting. The odd part comes in around Matt's face and feet. They are disturbingly real looking (because they are) but the rest of the "art" is blurry.

All of this is to say that you are going to look at the photo I took and say "That's not so bad!" But in person it is, it really is. :)

Re: By popular demand...

• IMO, not worth the amount of money that your mom spent on it.  I presume the dog's head is not cut off in the actual painting?

And now I want to see the photo the painting is based on.  I almost think a poster size print of the photo would have been better.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Wow, Indifferent  I think I would have had the same reaction as you.  I'm sorry Amy. : (
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • This sounds just like the episode on King of Queens when Doug & Kari get a painting made of them from Deacon & his wife. Their solution was to stage a break-in. Deacon happened to walk in with Doug to see the house torn apart & the painting missing. There's your solution! LOL!!!
  • imagefiazo:
    This sounds just like the episode on King of Queens when Doug & Kari get a painting made of them from Deacon & his wife. Their solution was to stage a break-in. Deacon happened to walk in with Doug to see the house torn apart & the painting missing. There's your solution! LOL!!!

Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha!

I am glad my boss is out of town, because I totally busted out laughing when I read this!

• Luckily my parents live out of state so we can just put it up when they come over and after a year say that we have put it in with our art rotation. But should they move to Colorado we will have to put that scene to good use!

The dog's eyes are included in the painting but her nose is cut off.

Below is my photo of the same scene, my mom was in front and I was on the side.

• Yeah, that is kinda cheesy....

My brother had some photos of his kdis made into psuedo-paintings at art.com, I think.  They look okay, but they really are more like painting sized photos.  Then again, my brother's most favorite piece of art in his house is a copy of the portrait of Kramer from Seinfeld.

I hope the rest of their visit was not uncomfortable after what happened.

• imageM.Amy:

The dog's eyes are included in the painting but her nose is cut off.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? forget about the rest of the disaster; who would think that a dog with no nose would look nice? oy. sorry.

• imagefiazo:
    This sounds just like the episode on King of Queens when Doug & Kari get a painting made of them from Deacon & his wife. Their solution was to stage a break-in. Deacon happened to walk in with Doug to see the house torn apart & the painting missing. There's your solution! LOL!!!

OMGOSH I loved that episode.

Amy, you poor, poor thing. :(

• The break-in or possibly some sort of plumbing disaster.

Yeah, the hands, feet and face are much less *painted* looking than the rest and he doesn't look like he is in a natural position on the dog. The photo you took looks more natural (well, obviously, because it is). I'm sorry it turned out like that.

• Oof.

I am sooo sorry.  

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Wow!  Tongue Tied  Yeah, the dog looks totally painted and he doesn't.  Just weird.

The original picture looks good, I agree, they should have just got a large print of that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"