D.C. Area Babies

britax marathon people-installation q

we finally bought and installed it yesterday.

wtf is up with the big@ss tether straps? our car is a subaru forester and the tether anchors are in the ceiling of the trunk so now we have these annoying straps across the back of the car, is this right? they kind of get in the way of trying to get him in and out of the seat...I am NOT a fan so far. I hate to sound like an unfit mother, because I do want a very safe seat for my son, but these straps suck.

Re: britax marathon people-installation q

• We don't have the marathon, we have the boulevard, but if I remember correctly when it's rear facing you don't need to use the tether straps.  I'm pretty sure it's only when you turn the seat around to forward facing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • we have the roundabout 50, but i think all britax seats are the same.  we have our seat rear facing and the tether straps around the bottom of the driver's seat where it is bolted to the car floor.  it keeps the back of the seat from tipping towards the rear of the car.  i don't think this is in the instructions b/c dh didn't do it right.  i took it to a car seat check and they fixed it.  hope this helps.
  • Loading the player...
  • We have our rear-facing Britax Diplomat tethered to the passenger seat where it bolts to the floor.  Take a look at tab 9 on this instruction video, and you'll see what I mean:

https://webapps.easy2.com/cm2/flash/generic_index.asp?page_id=35815388

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageLMH1209:

We have our rear-facing Britax Diplomat tethered to the passenger seat where it bolts to the floor.  Take a look at tab 9 on this instruction video, and you'll see what I mean:

Ditto.  Ours is tethered to the floor.

• Huh, we dont' have tether straps.  We have a Honda Accord, and installed it in the middle seat, so it uses the seat belt.  I think the tethers are only for forward facing (at least that's what I remember, it's been a while!).
  • imagetobeaTodd:
    imageLMH1209:

We have our rear-facing Britax Diplomat tethered to the passenger seat where it bolts to the floor.  Take a look at tab 9 on this instruction video, and you'll see what I mean:

Same. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageBabyHatch:
    imagetobeaTodd:
    imageLMH1209:

Same. 

Funny, we got one for Christmas too.  DD LOVES it.  She was busting out of her Safe Seat 35 at 18lbs.  What 30lb baby fit in those?  We tethered to the floor in our Prius, the directions are not very clear.  We ort of guess and then were validated when we looked it up online.  

• thanks everyone. I originally thought I was supposed to tether it to the floor, but then I saw that the manual showed pics of a rear facing seat with the straps tethering it to the back of the vehicle. but that's just not going to work for us at all.

so now I've changed it to tether it to the back of the front passenger seat--the metal track thingy the seat is on. it's much better now :-)

now we just have to get used to carrying him in and out of the house without the infant seat!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"