North Carolina Babies
Options

Playroom WDYT?

My two options for a "playroom" were in my breakfast area or make my empty dining room into a playroom. I have a bonus and two spare bedrooms upstairs, but since my bedroom is downstairs and everything we do is do downstairs, it just makes more sense to keep it downstairs.

I went crazy this afternoon and moved my kitchen set into the dining room and made a playroom, built the toy shelf, got mats and everything. This is a trial, then we will try the dining room and see which we prefer. We'll get rid  of the hanging light if we stay with this set up WDYT?? Is it horrid to have on your first floor?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Playroom WDYT?

• Options
    Super cute!  I wish I had space for a playroom!!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That's awesome! ?Is that space blocked off from the rest of the house? ?I'm not sure how mobile J is yet, but I love having an area blocked off that I know North is relatively safe in. ?If I didn't have the area blocked off with a gate (and a wagon box because we're sophisticated like that) there is no way he would stay contained in his play area. ?But your area looks great and is super smart...when's the next GTG?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This looks awesome Dbert! I was going nuts today too with the clutter and got two huge baskets to put Keira's toys in so our living room will be more organized.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Looks like a great space! YAY!

My only question is: is there a way to section off that space so baby can't escape? I know there are times I need to run and do something real quick and I feel ok because Brooks & Caroline are sectioned off in an area I know is safe to leave them in. 

Does your other room have a doorway that you could put up a baby gate on?

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• Options
    imageunc00ref:

Looks like a great space! YAY!

My only question is: is there a way to section off that space so baby can't escape? I know there are times I need to run and do something real quick and I feel ok because Brooks & Caroline are sectioned off in an area I know is safe to leave them in. 

Does your other room have a doorway that you could put up a baby gate on?

This is exactly what I was thinking... 

• Options

I totally need to do this in one of our empty rooms downstairs! Fantastic idea, and DS got a play mat for Christmas! (LOL like he knew what that was, I guess it was more a present for my sanity!)

• Options
    Looks good but I agree w/ the others - if the dinig room has a doorway for a gate, that would be better.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Well I've been to your house a few times so I can comment from experience...i think there are pros and cons to both set ups. If u do the dining room as the playroom u can put gates in the 2 openings (one to the hallway/front door & one to the kitchen to completely box her in. If you leave it in the eat in kitchen I guess u can gate the kitchen to dining room area and maybe at the hallway from the living room. The dining room is def. the easiest set up to box her in if u are trying to cook and not want her climbing on the furniture. hope that makes sense. of course if u spend a lot of time in the living room area then where u have it might make more sense so she's got her area.  Thats a lot of rambling. lemme know if that doesn't make sense

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! That is the main debate between DH and I. He isn't comfortable with her being "alone" in the dining room where I can't see everything if I were to be in the kitchen or living room. In the breakfast area I can see her from the kitchen and living room, and she can see me. We were planning on doing a superyard around the play area in the kitchen once she starts walking. The dining room would be my preference because it is a room that isn't just floating in the open like my breakfast area, but I agree that I wouldn't want to sit in there with her and not have access to the TV, computer, couch, kitchen like I could if we set up the breakfast area. I may try out both ways and see what I like best.
  • Options
    I definitely like it!!! 
  • Options

It must be playroom day!!! I too organized all the toys...it must be all the cmas stuff needed to be put away!!

Anyway it looks great! Im not sure of your set up exactly but what an awesome area to have!

• Options

I really like the playspace in your breakfast area - perfect since you can see her from the kitchen & family room. I would either keep it that way or make one of your upstairs rooms a designated playroom. I like the playroom idea since the toys are mostly contained into one room that's out of the way & you could contain her in that space if you needed to get some stuff done.

I'm in a mood to get most of the kiddie stuff out of our main living space (a couple of nice baskets are OK to me, but just not the Toys R Us feel we have going on now), so I would definitely not want it in the dining room. Just not the first impression I would want to make upon entering my home - I'm sure your kitchen set is a great use for that space anyway!

• Options

Having been in your house before, I vote keeping it in the b'fast area. No, you can't close it off, but more than likely, you'll be in the living room or kitchen, which are both open to the b'fast area. Yes, you could gate her into the dining room, but unless you wanted to leave her unsupervised, you'd have to be in the room with her, which wouldn't always be convenient.

It looks great!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    imageMrsHughesNC:

Having been in your house before, I vote keeping it in the b'fast area. No, you can't close it off, but more than likely, you'll be in the living room or kitchen, which are both open to the b'fast area. Yes, you could gate her into the dining room, but unless you wanted to leave her unsupervised, you'd have to be in the room with her, which wouldn't always be convenient.

It looks great!

ditto this, 100%. I saw the pics on FB yesterday & it looks awesome & very, very convenient.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"