Blended Families

Let's just be as annoying as possible, mkay?

Sometimes I really think this is BMs logic. She didn't technically do much wrong (if anything) but she sure knows how to be a PITA!

By the papers, DH was supposed to get ss on xmas morning, and this was also his weekend, so he would have him fri-sun. BM tried to play this game last week of telling him since it was his weekend, dh could pick him up late morning on xmas and keep him through the weekend. Um, that's how it's supposed to work anyway, and the papers say we get him at 9 am. We will be there at 9 am, not "late morning" Nice try.

So...we get there a few minutes before 9. We don't expect her to have him waiting at the door since we're a couple minutes early, but that does give her notice that he needs to be ready on time. One her of BFs relatives (we assume) was just getting there also and came back out to tell us it would be just a minute, they were still opening gifts. Way to push everything to the last minute, but whatever. ....Twenty. Five. Minutes. Later. She brings him to the door...His hair is a mess like he just rolled out of bed. He's in a wet pull up, and his pajamas. Are you f-ing kidding me? It's xmas morning and she knows we have a trillion places to go. The papers say DH is to do this driving. And we did the driving. The papers also say BM is to have him ready. IMO, smelly and in pjs, 25 minutes late, on xmas morning, does not qualify as ready. So before we could start our trillion holiday visits (which we were already running late for thanks to her) we had to go back home and clean him up/get some actual clothes on him.

THEN, later that day she sends DH a text about how he was being a jack @ss because he honked ONCE after we had been there 15 mintues...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Let's just be as annoying as possible, mkay?

• Please tell me your DH did not respond to her text...

I'm so sorry she is using your SS to get to you all.  How sad.  I could never do that to my child.  He's unfortunately being punished because of her bitterness. 

• I'm honestly not sure if he responded or not. I do know that no more texts came from her the rest of the day. And I don't think she could have resisted sending something else back if he had, so I'm assuming not.
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree she should have him ready. But I don't think ANY child should be moved at 9 am on Christmas day. Either do later morning or the night before...but 9 am is tough for kids and moms/dads to do a little Christmas and then be ready to leave.
    Stay at Home Mama to 3 Beautiful Children by the miracles of Birth & Adoption
  • imagemom2one:
    I agree she should have him ready. But I don't think ANY child should be moved at 9 am on Christmas day. Either do later morning or the night before...but 9 am is tough for kids and moms/dads to do a little Christmas and then be ready to leave.

This. 

• I agree with what mom2one said...
  • That could be a point. But it is the time they both agreed upon when the papers were done. If she has a problem with it, they can discuss changing it. They have with other things in the co. She has him up to take her other son to school every morning, and then goes straight to work. So it's not like having him ready in the morning is actually an issue for her. If that was not his normal routine, maybe. In opposite years we will have him for xmas eve, and xmas morning....do our own xmas and get him ready (as well as lo and any other future children) Then have to drive him to her house by 9. If we can do it with the drive, I feel like she can handle it without. When I was a kid we had church and then family over, so we were up at 5:30 or 6 each year. I don't think getting a kid out of bed early on xmas is much of a struggle. And besides, it's once a year.

Oh, and not an arguement with your response, I just don't think with the specific circumstances that it should be an issue for her.

• There is a HUGE difference between "normal morning routine getting ready" and Christmas morning.
    Stay at Home Mama to 3 Beautiful Children by the miracles of Birth & Adoption
  • imagemom2one:
    There is a HUGE difference between "normal morning routine getting ready" and Christmas morning.

Sorry, should have been more specific. I was referring to the early wake up time, not the routine itself

• imagemom2one:
    I agree she should have him ready. But I don't think ANY child should be moved at 9 am on Christmas day. Either do later morning or the night before...but 9 am is tough for kids and moms/dads to do a little Christmas and then be ready to leave.

Ditto.

• Yeah, I think this is just one of those situations that is annoying b/c you are in it but is actually understandable.  Some of your "complaints" I agree with and others I do not think are a big deal.  DH, DS, DD and I were all still in our PJs and had not combed our hair, brushed our teeth or even eaten at 9am on Christmas.  I know she is supposed to have him ready but it is hard to get a kid dressed when he is trying to see what Santa gave him.  Now BM new she needed to get SS out of the house but I get how she would be running late..she even asked DH to do the exchange later, probably b/c she knew 9am would never happen - not saying that is "right" but I get it.  And there could be a number of reasons they were running late, it might have been b/c relatives that would usually see SS on Christmas stopped by to see him before he left or it could have been b/c he was just playing with his stuff and she could not get him to move onto the next thing...which definitely happened in my house.  A

As for the pull-up, does he wear them during the day or only at night?  My DS is still in an overnight diaper but PTd for the day and never wore a pull-up but sometimes in the morning he will fight me about taking it off if he does not need to pee and it is not a fight I am willing to have, especially on Christmas.  If he is in pull-ups during the day then he might have just peed.  Annoying, yet and I know this is only you venting to us but I can see how it happens.

And I understand that you guys are not like this when it is your turn but this is his primary house and he is enjoying Christmas morning so it sucks for him to have to leave his toys.

I cannot remember your exact situation but it also sucks that you do not have a relationship that she could not have just said, I am sorry that we are running late but would you like to come inside to watch SS open the rest of his gifts!

Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • I agree with mom2one, although I get your frurstration. A "normal" routine w/ DS is up at 7:30 ready for the day by 8:30ish. But Christmas morning we didn't even open presents until close to noon, and that took about an hour or so and he wasn't even out of his PJ's by then. But I agree that if she has a problem with the time (as 9am is extreamly early for a holiday/ weekend morning) that she should have disussed it with you. However, there's no excuse for a wet pull up... none. Kids can get rashes by sitting in a pee diaper for hours.
  • I am sad for your SS, he was trying to open christmas presents and your DH was outside honking the horn.  I know it was agreed but a little compassion on christmas day.  SS was pulled away from playing to go do the trillion visits etc. you and DH had planned. I would have done all the running around and then collected him.

Poor little dude was marched away from his gifts still in PJ's, no doubt BM was mad.

• Just to answer a few questions, even though this post is a few days old now....ss does not typically wear pull ups duing the day, so pretty sure she had not changed him since the night before. Um, yeah. Ew.
    I was venting at the time that I wrote this, but I do feel bad the situation it put ss in. But honestly, I blame BM. She KNEW we would be there at that time, yet she didn't plan ahead to have him ready about that time. Why? I have no idea...We had no idea she would wait until the last mintue to get up, and didn't know until after the fact. We wouldn't have been mad if she had said oh we got a late start or things took longer than expected. But she blames DH for showing up at the time he was supposed to? But if he's ever 5 minutes late she throws a fit. She's still throwing a fir over it (even though DH was over it...the same day) but has she said wow thats just too early, can we change it? Of course not. Because that would mean the opposite years when we are driving him back to her on xmas morning, she would not get him until later. Believe me, I hate to say it, but this woman isn't thinking so much about her kid as she is her own power trip. I haven't posted about her much lately, but if you remember some of my past rants, you'll probably understand.
    Oh, and each of the stops we made were to family that ss enjoys seeing, and he got MULTIPLE gifts at each stop, as well as the one we had waiting for him in the car when he came out. He was not lacking in the gifts dept!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"