Parenting after 35

Blankies

I wish I could let Aaron sleep with his dog blankie because he scrunches it between his hands, rubs it on his face and snuffles into it. He LOVES his blankie (and I just had to order replacements, since the ear is coming off) but I'm afraid of suffocation.

Honestly, I think he'd fall asleep better on his own if he were covered with a blanket. He loves them. He's definitely my son: a thumbsucker who loves blankies (I had one).

His blankie, btw: https://www.angeldear.net/cuddle/1111_puppy_c.php

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!

Re: Blankies

• Ive got a few of those.  i should let her try them more often since Aaron loves it.  And im also afraid of her suffocating.  Many times her bib covers her face when she plays and ends up crying.
  • Maddie has the monkey. I like it for in her carseat, since hard toys scare me in the car (I see them as brightly colored projectiles in a wreck). I think I read you can give them blankets once they are 5 + months. However, I don't like Maddie to sleep with the monkey blanket either since the material isn't very breathable. Is there a blankie like that made of a more gauzy material?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm paranoid about suffocation too so the boy sleeps in sleep sacks. He has a lovie, a little bit of soft cloth he chews on, but nothing he sleeps with.

That dog blankie is supercute, but I agree with Daisies about finding something more breathable to ease your mind.

• We put her in her crib with her "blankie" and then take it away once she's asleep.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Aww. Your description of Aaron with the lovey is so cute.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"