Secondary IF
Options

Have 1st RE appt. on Jan 5th

I made the appointment 3 months ago and it seemed so far away.  Now it is next week. 

With DD we went to see one but I kind of went with an "it will happen for us" attitude and really didn't want to jump into anything.  We started seeing her at cycle 15, did some testing got a few answers and then got PG on cycle 20 without going any further.

This time, I do kind of want to jump right in and do whatever I can.  I'm guessing I will have to do the same testing again but I'm not sure what else to expect. 

What normally happens?

Re: Have 1st RE appt. on Jan 5th

• Options
    Wow- I am almost right where you are! I have my first RE appt (second- but long story) the second week of January. I first saw an RE before my DS was born) after over 12 cycles trying, had all the initial testing and got pg on my own. We had an appt in Oct  and were told we would have to go through all the initial testing again because it had been over 2 years. Couldn't continue with them due to insurance and had an appt for a different place in Nov.Then I got pg (canceled my appt less than a week before I was scheduled and then m/c). So I am beyond ready to dive in come January- it feels like I've been waiting forever!! Sorry I don't have much advice to offer- I just really felt like I related to you.
  • Options
    I had my first RE appt last week.  I had bloodwork and an HSG done through my obgyn and DH had already had a SA done, so the RE didn't need to order any of those tests.  He did an exam on me and went over mine and DH's test results.  He thinks my progesterone is a little low, so he ordered more bloodwork for this cycle and an endometrial biopsy.  So, I would think you would get an exam, talk about what (if any) tests you've already had done, then talk about the next step.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't believe how long many of you are waiting to see an RE. I set up an appointment in early December and DH and I had our first appointment on 12/18. I'm amazed at how quickly things are moving along. Good luck to you.
    Three beautiful girls! DD#1 8-23-01 DD#2 4-25-07 DD#3 10-19-10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"