Parenting after 35
Options

flying with baby for the 1st time tomorrow!

I am going to Maui with my family and am really looking forward to it, but am a little anxious about flying with baby for the 1st time - my DH is still working out of the country, but my Dad is flying with us and my best friend is coming the next day.  I have tried to think of everything from how to feed her on the flight to buying everyone sitting around us drinks!!

I would so appreciate any advice if you can think of any good tips! We are going to Singapore in a few weeks to visit DH, so this will be good practice!

Wishing you all a Happy New Year - you are all such wonderful ladies and I so appreciate this board!

xo

Re: flying with baby for the 1st time tomorrow!

• Options

First of all, Happy 3 months little C!!  Cake

I've heard that definitely feeding her during take off and landing helps and i'm sure the people around you will appreciate a drink (but i'm sure they won't need one) and also bring the paci.  Here's hoping to a wonderful non-eventful flight and vacation for you all!  Drinks      you never know, the sound of the engines might lull her to sleep?  :O)

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sure she (and you!) will be fine on the flight - sounds like you've already thought of everything that you might need.  And what a reward at the end of it to be in Maui Paradise Enjoy!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Happy 3 months Little C. I think you'll both be fine and WOW have a great trip! I would make sure you had non squeaky toy alternatives. They make non-baby people want to put shove pens in their ears.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Good luck. Let me know how it goes. I'll be flying with my daughter in February.
  • Options

I just flew 4 hours last week. 

sit in the aisle.

bring 3 servings of milk. use 1 large bottle to feed while at airport and when you take off.  bottle should be warm since you used it a few hours ago so no need to warm.   the 3rd bottle should be kinda frozen so by the time you land, it will be lukewarm and ready.

bring a blankie if he likes to be bundleded up when he sleeps.

change diaper before you board the plane.  or right when you are seated.

Try to sit wy from toddlers who will wake up your baby!

• Options

Ooooh, Maui!

No advice, though I am listening to the advice you're getting.  Have a great trip!

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"