Parenting after 35

FIL update

This is his 3rd stroke & it was massive. It damaged his whole left side of brain. He has been unresponsive since the ambulance took him. Hasn't even opened his eyes. They took him off sedation. He has a machine that kicks in to help him breath every time he stops, which is often. So basically now we have to make a desicion. I know his mom wouldn't want him to live on a machine but so far she keeps saying to him to wake up & she talks to him about Sienna thinking if he hears her name he'll wake up. It's so sad.

Yesterday when I went with DH, I asked him for a few minutes with FIL & I thanked him for raising such a wonderful son, thanked him for everything that he's done for me, told him how much we love him & that even though I want him to live I don't want him to live like that. I told him I know when he passes that he will be watching over Sienna always, that he'll be her gaurdian angel. I truly believe he will as she was what he looked forward to every day.

Thank you all for listening & for your kind words & thoughts.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: FIL update

• I'm so terribly sorry.

I hope that your FIL is at peace soon.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Oh, I am so sorry. Your words to him made me cry. It was a beautiful thing to say to him and I am sure he heard you and is aware of how you feel about him. I am sure Sienna will have him to look over her always.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so, so sorry Fiazo. I'm thinking of you and your family and hoping your FIL isn't in any kind of pain.

Left Hug 

• I am so sorry. :(
  • So sorry to hear this. I think it was very sweet of you to take the time to talk to him. It was very touching to read.
  • I am so, so sorry.  Sad
  • That was not the update I was hoping to read. Sad

I am so sorry, Fiazo. My hurt hearts for you and your family.

What you said to your FIL was very touching. You are a kind-hearted woman.

((HUGS))

Robby's Blog

Momma Bear
    Big - 1 year old
    Bigger - 6 years old
    Biggest - 13 years old

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What a beautiful thing to say to your FIL.  I'm sure he heard you and will watch over your daughter.  I will keep him and your family in my prayers.  I hope he is at peace soon.

• I am so sorry.  Your family is in my thoughts, and I am teary-eyed for your husband and mother in law.
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I'm so sorry.  I know your FIL heard you.  One of the hardest - but also loving - things we can do is let go.  And you have done it with such class.  I'm sure it was very difficult for you - but what a blessing that you've been able to have that opportunity to share your feelings with him.  HUGS to you and your family. 

• oh, I am so, so sorry, I was really hoping to read better news .... Your touching words brought tears to my eyes and I am 100% certain that your FIL heard them and it touched his heart as well.  You and your family will continue to be in my thoughts & prayers ...

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry to hear that.  I'm welling up over here, thinking about your sweet good-bye.  It is never ever easy, but can be the kindest thing to do, and I truly believe that it will help your FIL let go and move on to a better place knowing that he has your blessing and that you are all ok.  I wish you, your DH and his family peace as these tough decisions are made.
  • I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you and your family now.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • You are so kind to say such wonderful things to him. I am sure he heard and means a lot to him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"