Indiana Babies

To get this out of my mind

So I in no way expect the ILs or even my own parents to buy my kids gifts. MIL decided to buy DS the handy manny workshop and we said that's fine it's her $ etc..She got him some hotwheels and a game and candy too. But I'm a little weirded out by the fact that she bought DD a $5 bath toy and an outfit.(and DH & I got our usual type of gifts) This just on top of our Easter visit when DD got some outfits (first time we visited after she was born) and DS got a huge basket full of toys) is making me wonder if MIL doesn't favor her grandsons a little. (Cousin a year younger than DS got a gift equal to DSs)   I know it's likely that DD is little and she figures she won't notice if the big brother gets better stuff at this age but eh.........

She's great and has never done anything InLaw-ish to me at all by the way - She treats me just like one of her own kids in all ways.

I feel better now thanks for listening!

Re: To get this out of my mind

• Maybe you're right, but from someone without children I just find older kids more exciting to buy for. I mean, what can you really buy an infant that they'll enjoy? :) Toddlers, on the other hand, I find it much easier to buy for since I can get books, toys, etc as opposed to just clothes (which is all I ever buy for really little kids). 
  • I'd agree except when DS was little she went nuts buying baby toys for him. I suppose she knows we kept them all for DD and theres no point in buying new.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"