D.C. Area Babies

Do you check on your DC at night when they are asleep?

The post below about closing the door to DC's room has me wondering if others check on their LOs during the night.  Maybe all those that close the door all the way have really quiet hinges, but ours are not.  We check on her several times a night even though she sleeps just fine through the night.  What does everyone else do? 

Re: Do you check on your DC at night when they are asleep?

• on a good night, DD is asleep by around 7:30pm. I do not put a blanket on her at that time. when I go to bed, I go and put a blanket over her. If I wake up in the middle of the night to pee, I will sometimes go in and check the blanket, if it's not on her or she's on top of it, I'll put the 2nd one on.

we oiled the hinges

• if he's sick (which has been a lot lately) I like to go in and check on him, that's about it. but we have a video monitor, so it's not really necessary...I can see him fine in that.
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a video monitor, so if I wake up I can check on him.  Our hinges don't squeak anymore once DH sprayed them with WD40, it's our floors that creak really badly so we try to tiptoe around the creaks and make as little noise as possible.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • DD goes to bed between 6:15 and 7:15, and I always check on her when I go to bed a few hours later.  The door is a little squeaky, but it usually doesn't bother her. 
    BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • DD goes to sleep by 7pm- so I will check on her before I go to bed and if I wake up- I will check the video monitor. However, she is a really heavy sleeper so noises like creaky doors, squeaky floors, us talking or vacuuming seem to wake her up.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH has since put wd40 on the doors so they are much quieter now. I have a video monitor so I just check in her on that all the time. I shut the door b/c we have cats and I dont like when they are in the girls rooms.
  • i check on ds at least once before i go to sleep, and one more time as i'm walking up to my room.  we leave his door open a crack.
  • We rarely go in to check on her at this point.  We were going in when she was younger, and I'll go in now if she's sick, but otherwise, I can hear her stirring on the monitor, and I know she's fine.  Our floors are super creaky, and I don't like to risk waking her.
  • We never go into check because it would likely wake her up (she's a very light sleeper). I poo-pooed the idea of a video monitor when we were registering and that is my one biggest regret. I think having one would be amazing. I would love to easily be able to check on her and, besides, she's darn cute when she sleeps.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DD goes down around 7:30, so I check on her before we go to sleep, and then DD checks on her as he goes out the door to workout at 5:30.

we have a super quiet door:)

• imagebabypuplove:
    DD goes to bed between 6:15 and 7:15, and I always check on her when I go to bed a few hours later.  The door is a little squeaky, but it usually doesn't bother her. 

This exactly, for both my girls.

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"