North Carolina Babies
Options

Are straw sippies better/worse than spout sippys?

We've been using the spout kind, and she does well with it, but I've seen so many people tout the straw types. What's the difference? One better than the other?

We use:

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

Re: Are straw sippies better/worse than spout sippys?

• Options
    Allie does really well with the straw kind.  It took her like 2 days to figure it out.  We have a Nuby one and a Munchkin one... both from Target. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just hate cleaning the straws! :)
    Married - October 16, 2005
    Mama to William Nathaniel - October 7, 2006

And Natalie Frances - June 24, 2010
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageleonawfu98:
    I just hate cleaning the straws! :)

I hated cleaning them too -- and Brooks chewed the straws in half, so we had to buy replacements. Once we switched to the spouts we were all much happier!

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• Options
    Alex started on the hard spouts and then went to the straws...personally I wish I never switched.  I hate the straws and have tried every brand in the book and they all leak....every.last.one.of.them.  BUT I think the straws are a good transition from sippy to cup so Im trying to stick it out.
  • Options
    Eli's speech therapist switched him from spouts to straws.  I hate cleaning them, but from what she says they are better for baby's mouth and mimick a more natural drinking motion than spouts.  So that's some professional advice I can pass along, although I'll agree with the others that spout sippies are easier to use and easier to clean.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The pediatric dentist told us straw cups were better for them, something about how the spout cups can alter their bite or something.  I don't remember.  We use mostly straw sippys, but do have a few spouts in there as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"