Stay at Home Moms

anyone else??

I just feel like I am counting the hours from the time DH leaves for work until he gets home....and counting the days until Friday hits.  I'm sure the weather has a lot to do with it, as we can't get out of the house as easily.  I just feel like I am in a funk.

I know a lot of you girls have older kids and am wondering if Caden's age also makes it harder......he's not so portable in cold weather!  He's a very good baby and at a very fun age....I don't know what my deal is.

Re: anyone else??

• Honestly- it isn't as hard as you think. I had a 7 month old last holiday season- (and we live in the same area so the weather is the same)-- I just bundled her up and took her out for at least a walk a day. We had a foot muff for the stroller or the Bundle me works.

you definitely have to keep getting out- this is a great age to keep him in the carseat and bring him to the bookstore and grab a cup of coffee/tea for you. or run out to the mall to window shop.

Getting out will really help both of you- just because its winter doesn't mean you have to stay inside the whole time.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Sometimes I have days like that, where I am counting the hours and they just can't go by fast enough. It all depends on how hectic my day is though. My girls are really testing the Mommy vs Daddy thing right now. They will act out while he is at work and then act like angels when he is home. My oldest keeps asking "Daddy" things that she knows that I will disapprove of.

I know that has nothing to do with your weather situation but thought I'd let you know that you are not alone in how you count the hours. Just try your best to keep yourself occupied and like mentioned above, get out of the house each day if possible. It really makes a difference for yourself and little one.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • well he's too long for the infant seat lol.  I do go out...I guess it's just harder so makes me down I don't know.  Tomorrow I am taking him on the train into Philly (with my parents and 2 nephews) to see a light show.....but all I am thinking is "I hope he's good" "where can I feed hiim lunch" "how will he do w/o his nap"

ahhh

• That is funny Alison we are going to Philly tomorrow too to see the Light show.

don't stress too much about it- roll with it and enjoy it. He will love taking the train down there and the lights are awesome- Gisele loooooved it last year when she was the same age. Have fun and enjoy.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Thank you Sammy, it's always good to know you are not the only one!

Stacy..what a conincidence!  I am sure he will love it....hopefully MOmmy can relax enough to do the same!

• I was like this the whole first year DD was around.  It was terrible.  It isn't so bad anymore now that I'm really busy with two, but I remember how grueling those days can be.  Despite his young age I'd still try to get out every day.  It will make you feel much better.  Good luck!
  • I have days like that.  Especially when DS is in school and DD is taking a nap...I'll just wander around house like uuuggghhh there's noooooothing to doooooo.....

:)

I used to spend the time on the nest or reading, but I'm resolving to pick up some new hobbies in 2010.  I got some scrapbooking stuff for Christmas, so I'll start there.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ((HUGS)) That is the hardest age to be a SAHM IMO.

I have two and find that when they start walking the whole SAHM thing becomes so much more fun and a lot easier. When they start walking we go to the museum, park, mall play place, zoo and everything is so much more fun and a lot easier to pass the time.

Hang in there it gets better.

• imagealison0399:

well he's too long for the infant seat lol.  I do go out...I guess it's just harder so makes me down I don't know.  Tomorrow I am taking him on the train into Philly (with my parents and 2 nephews) to see a light show.....but all I am thinking is "I hope he's good" "where can I feed hiim lunch" "how will he do w/o his nap"

ahhh

Awww, I can TOTALLY relate to this phrase!  I had to much anxiety leaving the comforts of home when Emily was younger and constantly fixated on where/when I could feed her and put her down for her nap... I feel your pain!  Walking not far from home helped me get out a bit more with much more confidence; I always stayed within 1 mile.  :)

Indoor malls are GREAT, especially the Nordies and Neiman "lounges" for women as it made breastfeeding, changing and just some down time feel so luxurious!

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!  Winter makes a lot of us stir-crazy!  :) 

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• My little guy is 6 months also, and yes, the days are oh-so-long!  He is a great baby, but doesn't just sit in his car seat or stroller when we are out - he will have a full blown fit if I left him in there.  And the sidewalks and streets by us are currently icy and under a foot of snow.  I try to schedule something at least two times a week, but its still hard!  For me, some of it is his unpredictablity...I would like more of a schedule.  I do love this age though!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • walking around the mall is a good idea...I have like 3 malls within 15 minutes of me!  I loved walking in the nice weather....obviously we haven't been doing much outside walks!

there is a SAHM around the corner from me w/ a baby a few months older.  after the holidays I'll have to initiate getting together w/ her again, that'll help all of our cabin fever!

it is good to hear it's get better.....and good to know others found this age a bit tough for SAH.  he's too old/big to want to let me run errands while he naps and/or stay in.  he's too little to move around on his own....which is what he wants to do and gets frustrated.  toss in the fact that he's teething AND separation anxiety and it's just a bit of a rough patch for us that's all!  thanks for all the kind words and suggestions though....pity party over and we have a busy day ahead of us tomorrow!!!!

• imagealison0399:

well he's too long for the infant seat lol.  I do go out...I guess it's just harder so makes me down I don't know.  Tomorrow I am taking him on the train into Philly (with my parents and 2 nephews) to see a light show.....but all I am thinking is "I hope he's good" "where can I feed hiim lunch" "how will he do w/o his nap"

ahhh

yes yes yes..this is exactly how I feel!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"