Alabama Babies
Options

Crawling question...

Jaxon seems more interested in "standing" (while jumping or moving his feet usually) than learning to crawl.  When he's on his tummy, he just moves around in one place and it looks like he's swimming.  Of course, now I'm worried he's behind.  He'll push up on his arms for a minute, then it's back to the belly.  Should I be concerned?  I ask bc a friend of mine's daughter is crawling, and she is 5 days older than J.

Re: Crawling question...

• Options
    That is exactly how Kid is. He loves to bounce. He lasts longer on his tummy now (he was rolling over immediately) but is not crawling.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry.  Not all kids crawl.  My parents said that I never crawled at all, but went straight to walking at 9 months. 
    Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Kennedy didn't actually crawl in the traditional sense until she was 8 months or so. At around 7 months she started "army crawling".. meaning she'd pull herself along with her stomach on the ground. She did that for a while.

I wouldn't worry about it, especially at only 7 months. I have heard of many babies crawling much later and some skipping crawling all together.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• Options
    Nah, I wouldn't worry at all.  A lot of babies do not officially crawl until 9  months, so he still has a couple of months to figure it out.  The swimming is the early signs, so I'm sure he'll be scooting around in no time!
  • Options
    Thanks girls!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"