North Carolina Babies
Options

Diaper Change Drama!

Seriously how do you handle it? The screaming, crying, lunging, crawling away?? It is driving me nuts! I literally have to hold DD down to change her which results in more screaming. It is worse downstairs on the floor than up in her room on her changer. Any tips? And please tell me my daughter isn't the only one that fights them.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Diaper Change Drama!

• Options
    All.the.time.  I try to give her a toy she hasn't seen in a while, her little doll, or the brush from her changing table, a bottle of lotion... anything.  She will play with that while I change her diaper.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Ditto CMbrown. I give him something fun. He loves the desitin tube, or just a random toy. Sometimes he holds my cell phone too. 

I have also started lying the open clean diaper beneath him before I take off the dirty one. It makes it a little quicker. (This only works if you're not changing a really messy one!)

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just wanted to say I feel your pain.  Will seems fascinated with the bottles of lotion, so sometimes holding one keeps him occupied.....
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    oh yes...we have our good days and our bad days with diaper changes!!!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Changing Keira on the floor is like trying to wrestle an alligator. She will flip over and crawl away. It's impossible. She loves the bulb sucker and that seems to help on the changing table. I feel your pain!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I try to hand DD something to occupy her time.  She likes to eat paper.  Yeah, I know, not good, right?  But if for two minutes it occupies her enough to change her diaper, she can play with it.  Or I'll put her on the floor in front of the TV and turn on the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show (she loves Mickey).  So I use 'bad' things to take her attention away from the diaper, and it works good enough.  Although we do have the squirming/crying sometimes still as well!
  • Options
    Liam is like this too.  We had round one about Jocelyn's age, then he got better, and now it's bad again.  Ditto pps, I try to distract him with novelty things (a remote control, an old medicine syringe, etc).  He had a phase where he liked to read books while I changed him, and a few weeks where he was totally obsessed with the soothing seahorse.  Right now, he throws anything on the floor as soon as I give it, so I just ignore his dramatics and change him as quickly as possible.  I try to have everything prepped and laid out on the changing table before I grab him to make it as quick as possible.
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"