D.C. Area Babies
Options

*** eeclem and other CD-ers***

Our diaper service finally ended :-( So I have a few questions now that we're going to be doing it on our own:

1. What kind of detergent do you use? We've got a non-toxic eco-friendly one right now, but wasn't sure if there was one better for CDs.
  2. What type of laundry bag do you use? What about for when you're out?
  3. Do you use one of those diaper sprayers? Or the diaper liners? (Or are those for when they start having more solid poops?)
  4.  What CDs do you use? We have a few each of BG 3.0, BG AIO organic, Smartipants, and GroBaby. We're going to use them all and decide what we like, but if you have recommendations for ones you prefer, I'd love to know.
Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: *** eeclem and other CD-ers***

• Options

i'm sorry you  have start doing your own cd laundry, but i hope you have fun (as much fun as changing diapers can be, anyway!) playing with new diapers!

1. We're not very EFF in this area. We use Purex Free & Clear, but here is a good list of recommended detergents.  We've been using it for 3+ months without problems.

2. At home, just an old pillowcase in a small lidded trashcan. I also have a large PlanetWise one and small GoodMama one and like them both equally. Wetbags are fun - they have the cutest patterns. 

3. Those are more for solid poops. We might do flushable liners instead when the time comes. 

4. We use a hodge podge, but my favorites are the two BGs you have. I also really like GoodMamas (bought used or on sale because I am not as crazy as I seem) with Thirsties covers. For some reason, DH really likes Kissaluvs contours and covers. 

The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

1. We were using Crunchy Clean but I don't feel like the CDs were getting clean enough so we switched to Rockin' Green which I absolutely LOVE!  I am obsessed with the Cherry Lemonade scent.  I want to eat it!

2.  I use and XL wetbag from GoodMama which I like the size of but the quality of the bag isn't that great.  We also have a PlanetWise bag I got from Amazon but it doesn't have a loop to hang it and I need that.  When we're out I use a Large wetbag I got on Etsy from this shop.  Quality is great!  It is only big enough for a few diapers.  We use a similar one for daycare.

3.  We just threw all our diapers straight in the wash until we started solids.  We just started solids recently so we haven't had many PB poops.  We installed our sprayer last weekend.  It works great!  If DD was more consistent with her pooping schedule I'd use the liners I got but I haven't opened them yet.   Luckily she doesn't poo that often so we don't have to deal with it much.  I wash diapers every two days and usually there's only one or two poo dipes there.

4.  I've used quite a variety up to this point.  For daycare we've always used BG AIO's (regular not organic).  We use them most of the time during the day at home too.  They are my favorite.  They are so easy and now that I have a good detergent, I haven't had any stink issues. If you decide you like the BG's, sign up for the email list on CottonBabies website so you'll get notice of when they have second's sales.  You can get SUPER deals and you really can't tell the difference, they are slight defects.

I was using BG 3.0's, Swaddlebees, and Blueberry's at night until the last month or so when I started having leaks because I can't get a good fit.  We'll try again later though.  I used them successfully for a long time.  Right now at night I am using GoodMama's with a fleece liner (I cut up regular fleece fabric into strips to keep the wetness off her skin) and a Thirsties Duo cover.  This system works for a good 12 hours.  The diaper is SOAKED in the morning but no leaks and no rash.

imageimage

TTC #1 Cycle 14 - IUI#1=BFN, IUI#2=BFP | TTC #2 Cycle 8=BFP!! imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageHikerBride07:

If you decide you like the BG's, sign up for the email list on CottonBabies website so you'll get notice of when they have second's sales.  You can get SUPER deals and you really can't tell the difference, they are slight defects.

yes! good tip! i bought most of our BGs as seconds with absolutely no problems. 

The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    1. What kind of detergent do you use? We've got a non-toxic eco-friendly one right now, but wasn't sure if there was one better for CDs.  We use Country Save.  I order it from Amazon and get free shipping.  It's also great to use for all of your other laundry.
    2. What type of laundry bag do you use? What about for when you're out?  We have three pail liners for at home (favorite is from Monkey Doodlez) and two Planet Wise Large bags for when we're out and about.
    3. Do you use one of those diaper sprayers? Or the diaper liners? (Or are those for when they start having more solid poops?)  I think those are only for when your LO starts having more solid poop.  DD is 7 months and eating solids but we just scrape the poop into the toilet if it's really solid.
    4.  What CDs do you use? We have a few each of BG 3.0, BG AIO organic, Smartipants, and GroBaby. We're going to use them all and decide what we like, but if you have recommendations for ones you prefer, I'd love to know.  We went simple with about 24 GMD prefolds, 5 Thirsties V2 covers, 3 Snappis and 12 BG 3.0.

We haven't had a service but the upkeep really isn't that bad.  The reason I love prefolds as much as I do is because they are easier to launder (don't have to bother with stuffing anything when you're done).

Good luck!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

1)  I use Planet detergent.  It's been great for our CDs, and I've been using it since day one.  You can purchase it at Harris Teeter or Safeway (those are the only places I've seen it in this area).

2) We use a Whammies diaper pail liner and a plastic Simple Human trashcan with a lid.  We have 2 pail liners so that one can be in the wash while we're using the other.  When we're out, I have a Whammies wet bag.

3) We've never used a diaper sprayer although I've been thinking about looking into one.  I occasionally use the diaper liners (Imse Vimse).

4) We use BG 3.0s and GroBaby.  I like them both, although I've had issues with the velcro on the BG 3.0s.  If I could start over with them, I would line dry the BG covers instead of putting them in the dryer.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"