South Florida Babies
Options

your worst/weirdest gift!

Ok, so I'm sure we've all gotten a weird/worst gift in our life...  if not this year, maybe other years??  Well, this year, my MIL got me a Harry Potter Snow Globe.

yes, let's take a moment and just think what my DH and I were thinking ".........??"  lol  I mean, yeah, I like Harry Potter as much as the next guy, but I'm not a 12 year old girl lol  I just thought it was funny.  now we have to display it whenever she comes over!!!!  I think "Abby" might be breaking some of my christmas gifts soon.  whoops!

what is yours??

Re: your worst/weirdest gift!

• Options
    LOL our inlaws!! why are they so clueless???? this was not a gift for me, but my mil framed a pic from joshua's photo shoot with carmen (one that we gave her) and gave it to my aunt! when my aunt opened it, i looked at david and literally mouthed "wtf?". he chuckled to himself. i mean...how can u not that think that ridiculous, not to mention tacky and unclassy?? but last year, my mil gave me filtered water bottle! LOL.
  • Options

Ok aside from the dress I mentioned last week, I got another dress from a second cousin.   It's totally bizarre - it's knit like a sweater, turtleneck, sleeveless, and has 2 little pockets???

Last year, my ILs got me a letter opener that was the arm of a knight sticking up holding the letter opener like a sword?  WTF am I supposed to do with that.  It got "lost" in the move.  

image image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMrsLeanna:

Ok aside from the dress I mentioned last week, I got another dress from a second cousin.   It's totally bizarre - it's knit like a sweater, turtleneck, sleeveless, and has 2 little pockets???

Last year, my ILs got me a letter opener that was the arm of a knight sticking up holding the letter opener like a sword?  WTF am I supposed to do with that.  It got "lost" in the move.  

LOL! too funny!!

• Options
    for my engagement party one of my work friends gave me Prelude to a Kiss on dvd? How random is that? Maybe she thought I would kiss a stranger and turn into an old man or something on the day of the wedding? :)
  • Options

Surprisingly, my MIL got me a fairly decent gift - a very nice casserole dish (I love to cook).  But, Christmases past the "best' gift she has ever given me is a Lazy Susan (I think that's what they're called).  Why??  I have no use for it...my cabinets are big enough to house one of them.  It's in the garage somewhere.

Sadly, she did give my kids some toys she probably purchased at the Salvation Army.  I DID NOT SAY A WORD TO MH....but I could tell he was pissed too.

• Options
    imagemelly&jimmy:

Surprisingly, my MIL got me a fairly decent gift - a very nice casserole dish (I love to cook).  But, Christmases past the "best' gift she has ever given me is a Lazy Susan (I think that's what they're called).  Why??  I have no use for it...my cabinets are big enough to house one of them.  It's in the garage somewhere.

Sadly, she did give my kids some toys she probably purchased at the Salvation Army.  I DID NOT SAY A WORD TO MH....but I could tell he was pissed too.

MIL does this ALL THE TIME.  i'm cool with buying gifts on a budget- we have to do it a lot, too... but used toys?  uh-uh.

• Options

imageGator09:
    for my engagement party one of my work friends gave me Prelude to a Kiss on dvd? How random is that? Maybe she thought I would kiss a stranger and turn into an old man or something on the day of the wedding? :)

omg, MIL got me "a knight's tale" for christmas last year.  uhm... thanks?  i've never mentioned a liking for that movie, heath leger, or anything like that.  it was really random.

• Options
    LOL! mil got her own son "ice age". I was like..wow david. she thinks your still 10. its like..what are they thinking when they're shopping. "oh. theres ice age, i know my 30 year old son would LOVE it!" and may i clarify that this was prebaby.
  • Options

I wasn't surprised...last year she gave C a "used" shirt and E a used abacus.  But it still hurts me and MH (I know he's embarassed) - the woman has $$$.  I think for her birthday I'm going to re-gift her the Lazy Susan - WDYT?  LOL!

• Options
    imagemelly&jimmy:

I wasn't surprised...last year she gave C a "used" shirt and E a used abacus.  But it still hurts me and MH (I know he's embarassed) - the woman has $$$.  I think for her birthday I'm going to re-gift her the Lazy Susan - WDYT?  LOL!

Do it!!!!  That would fantastic :-D

• Options

imageGator09:

This made me LOL! Did you have some wierd crush on Alec Baldwin or something?

I did not get any wierd gifts this year. My DH did, tho. His brother and SIL always shaft him. They got him a cologne that is his favorite...but that he already had 6 bottles of. Last year they got him a cutting board. Yeah. Poor DH.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

GMIL doesn't go out shopping much, she relies on her daughters to buy for her.  She normally gifts $.  One of the daughters must have cleaned out her closet one yr and given the items to GMIL.  GMIL decided to give them as gifts.  She gave me a used, old bracelet.  It wasn't hideous, and I would wear it, but the fact that it was a handme down passed off as a Christmas present upset me a bit.

But that wasn't the worst of it.  MIL got a HORRIBLE sweater with some tacky rhinestones embroidered all over.  And it wasn't even close to MIL's size!  The tag was all yellow and you can tell it has seen better days.  MIL gently told GMIL that it didnt' fit, and she said that the daughter had bought it at Macy's... bullsh*t b/c the tag actually said "Burdiines"!

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    oh, i have one more!!!  i was putting away gifts today and pulled out the two cookbooks MIL gave me.  One of them, a betty crocker coobook, had this weird pattern on the cover.  I thought it was part of the design, but when I looked closer... OMG... it was COVERED in mold!!!!!!!!!!!!  Soooooooooo gross!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"