Single Parents

New here

So I'm going to be a single mom come March. I was dating my son's father for about 6 months when I got pregnant. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. Well when the pregnancy came out, so did a few secrets he had kept from me. These secrets of his included a pregnant wife. To put it lightly, this has all been overwhelming. Especially since he spent the last 2 months before the pregnancy telling me how much he loved me and how he wanted us to get married. Now that I know the truth he's turned into a complete a**. First he told me to get an abortion. When I refused he said that he would sign over his parental rights and not have to pay child support. I knew that wasn't possible though without my consent (especially here in Texas!). So now he's decided that A) he wants a paternity test because he knows it will draw the process out longer and B) he said he'll pay child support but he wants nothing to do with our son. He has 2 other sons by 2 different women (one just turned 1 and is from a previous relationship and the other is 1 month old and with his wife, another secret the moron kept) who he spends time with and calls his sons. He told me that he only has 2 sons even though our son is his too. He wouldn't even give me the information I needed when I went to see the Genetic Counselors for testing and such. So now I'm 28 weeks pregnant and doing this by myself. He hasn't asked about our son at all throughout the pregnancy but I've sent updates anyways so he can't say anything when I take him to court. He's still with his wife and she does know what happened. However, she blames me and not him even though I had NO IDEA he was married. So yes, there's the scoop on my situation and my evolution into single parenthood.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: New here

• Wow, what a piece of work!  Get a good lawyer and sue his a$$ for child support.  It will not take that much longer to have a DNA test, and he will have to pay for it.  In the long run, its totally worth it, bc he can't say he had any doubt that your son is his son also.  Good luck!

Also, his wife is STUPID for staying with him.  He will cheat on her again, and with the next one and the next one.  Good thing for you that you got out when you did.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Gross. I wouldn't want that prick near my child. Cut off all communication, let HIM come after YOU for custody. Chances are, he won't.
  • Loading the player...
  • Faux - The really sad thing is that he has cheated on his wife again since all this. She found another girl's clothes in their bedroom! She kicked him out but took him back AGAIN.

NBJ- the only big issue is that in Texas, if he pays child support he gets visitation rights. Whether or not he chooses to exercise them is up to him though. However, from what I've found out, if he doesn't exercise them for 3 consecutive months I can have his rights terminated but he will still have to pay child support.

• What a complete douche!  She is dumb for staying with him and blaming you for sure.  Good for you for getting everything in order and covering your a$$ with the documentation.  Sounds like it is a good thing you got rid of him!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagenbjenni:
    Gross. I wouldn't want that prick near my child. Cut off all communication, let HIM come after YOU for custody. Chances are, he won't.

Ditto this.  I really would not want to establish paterntity with this man.  He will only break your child's heart.  

• A- Luckily the only places I've sent him messages are on Facebook. I ended up changing my cell phone number because of the BS texts he was sending me just to get me fired up. I saved those though so if the judge asks why I haven't had any phone contact with him I plan on just showing him the texts and letting him understand. One day he actually text me just to tell me not to name my son Braiden because that's what him and his wife were naming their son. First of all, that name wasn't even on my list since I have a godson with that name. Secondly, I'd love to know where he gets off telling me what I can and can't name this baby. The closest name I ever even considered to Braiden was Brady but I ended up deciding on Andrew.

• That guy is a total jerk. Get a lawyer and paternity tests as quick as you can and get everything you can out of the guy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"