LGBT Parenting

Holiday with Kids - New Moms come in!

CT, Duchess, Sam, Kennedy, Blue and everyone else I'm forgetting - how was your first big holiday with your LO(s)? Were the toy boxes more popular than the toys? ;-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Holiday with Kids - New Moms come in!

• Off topic- But when I saw this I thought "OMG did she have LO already?! Where has time gone!" 

• imagemsjcordova:

Off topic- But when I saw this I thought "OMG did she have LO already?! Where has time gone!" 

lol! No, this little one better stay put for a bit longer :-)

• Loading the player...
  • Our christmas was good :) much different than before kids, thats for sure! Sprout gave us the gift of sleeping until 7:20 so thank goodness for small blessings.  He loved his gifts and the fact that santa ate the cookies we left out for him.  what did confuse him, though, was the fact that santa wasn't there to say 'thank you' to.  We told him santa was at home sleeping from his busy night and sprout's response was "But, i wanted to give him a hug" lol.

The big highlight of the day was when andrea took him outside to play and they saw deer tracks in the snow.  Andrea told him they were reindeer prints and he was SO excited. 

we had christmas dinner over my nana's house and I was a bit concerned about Sprout getting overstimulated and having a meltdown, but he really impressed us, and everyone else, with his behavior.  bonus points to him for falling asleep in the car so we didnt have to struggle with bedtime :)

• imagectbride08:

The big highlight of the day was when andrea took him outside to play and they saw deer tracks in the snow.  Andrea told him they were reindeer prints and he was SO excited. 

Mommy A is a quick thinker! What a special moment. :-)

• we had a really good christmas, even though he's too little to understand any of it. we spent the weekend before with her family, christmas eve with our sisters and her sister's gf, and christmas at home just the three of us, then yesterday with my family. he was a big hit at our family gatherings! we didn't get him any gifts, just an ornament for the tree for his first year. he got lots of clothes and toys from grandparents and aunts and uncles, though!

AND...we're not positive, but we're pretty sure we heard his first laugh on christmas morning. she was playing with him on his playmat, and he made a noise that definitely sounded like a little laugh/squeal. he only did it once, but he did it once on saturday, too--again while playing. he's been cooing at us sometimes, but this was totally different and so amazing!

• imageTwo*True:
    imagectbride08:

Mommy A is a quick thinker! What a special moment. :-)

sooooo cool!

• It was amazing!

The girls took pics with Santa and no one cried. We left out cookies and milk for Santa and LMC was thrilled that Santa left a thank you note for them. Her face was priceless when she saw the pile of gifts in the morning. She kept pointing to the sky and saying Santa, toys, high. I guess she understood the whole sleigh thing after all!

There was lots of the usual jealousy and MINE yelling but it all worked out. They were spoiled rotten by everyone. I think we need to move to a bigger house to find room for all this stuff.

The best moment was when we got them dressed to go to my family's house for dinner. They both looked so beautiful in their dresses and LMC was so happy twirling around the kitchen. We both teared up and felt so lucky to have them and love them. Walking into my Aunts house with our children was so surreal, so special and a dream come true. I will never, ever forget that hard fought for moment.

As a bonus, we had a small holiday miracle. Our moms met for the first time, it only took 6ish years!! We all had lunch together, played with the girls and took pictures. It was HUGE and I have photographic evidence that it actually happened!

Sorry that got so long, I had to get it all out.

• imageDuchess1:

As a bonus, we had a small holiday miracle. Our moms met for the first time, it only took 6ish years!! We all had lunch together, played with the girls and took pictures. It was HUGE and I have photographic evidence that it actually happened!

Wow, that's huge!  Nothing like granddaughters to bring moms together! :-)

• imageDuchess1:

It was amazing!

The girls took pics with Santa and no one cried. We left out cookies and milk for Santa and LMC was thrilled that Santa left a thank you note for them. Her face was priceless when she saw the pile of gifts in the morning. She kept pointing to the sky and saying Santa, toys, high. I guess she understood the whole sleigh thing after all!

There was lots of the usual jealousy and MINE yelling but it all worked out. They were spoiled rotten by everyone. I think we need to move to a bigger house to find room for all this stuff.

The best moment was when we got them dressed to go to my family's house for dinner. They both looked so beautiful in their dresses and LMC was so happy twirling around the kitchen. We both teared up and felt so lucky to have them and love them. Walking into my Aunts house with our children was so surreal, so special and a dream come true. I will never, ever forget that hard fought for moment.

Sorry that got so long, I had to get it all out.

oh my goodness! so much wonderful in one post :) i'm teary! thanks for sharing your beautiful holiday with us

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"