Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Chicken Pox!

Ike's got em, i am one irritated momma.  I have no clue when he would have even been exposed to them!  Plus, he is up to date on all his vaccines!  Ggggrrrr....

Re: Chicken Pox!

• Oh no, poor Ike!  Sad  I hope he is feeling better soon.
  • I'm sorry to hear that :( I hope that he enjoys some oatmeal baths & feels better soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • i am so so sorry you guys, the pedi said that since his fever just started last night, it is very doubtful that he was contagious before that, but i just wanted to warn everyone.  I haven't heard of anyone getting chicken pox in years!
  • The one thing the pedi doesn't tell you abut the vaccination is that the child can still get chicken pox they just get a milder case. This then leaves them vulnerable to getting them more than once.

I found this out when teaching daycare and a child had three cases over the course of the year and everyone blamed his mother for not getting the vaccine.

I wonder sometimes if it isn't better to just let a child get them and deal with it once for about 2 weeks, as most of us probably did as kids or run the risk of having it over and over. Though with that said DS still got his vaccination.

• I've gotten it 3 times before as well, the last time was in high school (my sophomore year) and it sucks!  The first time i got it (18 months), i was covered head to toe with pox, then again in 5th grade, not so bad, but still not fun, then 10th grade i was absolutely miserable, i was darn near delirious from such a high fever :o(
  • imageibfloridagirl:
    i am so so sorry you guys, the pedi said that since his fever just started last night, it is very doubtful that he was contagious before that, but i just wanted to warn everyone.  I haven't heard of anyone getting chicken pox in years!

No worries! No signs of fever here. Hopefully they won't last too long and Ike can feel better soon. I'm sure it has to be really stressful for you. Especially over the holidays.

• Oh sh*t.  Addy was exposed to shingles over Christmas. 

IB what were the symptoms?

DD#1 is such a big girl! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"