Single Parents

Small venting post...sorry!

So I am not ENTIRELY single...just not married and with a guy who doesnt seem to have marriage in his sights for a least another two yrs... we have already been together for 3. However, I got pregnant (not ENTIRELY and accident for us, just everyone THINKS it is- we didnt want the talks about how irresponsible it was for us to conceive while in college. Anyway, I needed to vent about being semi-single... isn't it bad enough that the guy I love more than anything doesnt want to marry me right now without EVERYONE texting me to see if I got engaged for christmas?! Not only why would you rub it in my face... most ppl know how sensitive I am about it, but also, why would you think we were going to? Just because I got knocked up I have to be married to his or her dad?! UGH!!!!! I dont think I have ever cried this much on christmas...    :( thanks for listening to me vent... i know it could always be worse I just needed SOMEONE to listen :(

Re: Small venting post...sorry!

• Of course you don't have to be married to have a baby, but I don't understand why would you try to conceive with a man who won't commit to you.  I am sorry that you are having a bad Christmas.  Perhaps pg hormones are making you extra sensitive?  Maybe this will make you smile - next Christmas you will have an extra stocking to hang by the chimmney. Smile 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am sorry people are bugging you. If I were you I would just tell them you don't plan to get married right now and they should get over it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks guys! I apprecaite you trying to make me feel better! It's not like I am mad at him that we arent getting engaged- dont get me wrong, I would LIKE to be, but its just not in the plan right now. I am just irritated that everyone seems to think I NEED to be! ugh!

• I am sorry but you purposely got ku'd by someone who doesn't see marriage in the near future. You obviously knew this before you got pg.  I think you need to care less about what others think and say to you.  You want sympathy because you put yourself in a situation that isn't ideal?  Not to be mean but did you get PG because you thought it would then force him to propose?  If the timing isnt ideal to get married why in the world would it be ideal to have a child?  I am not trying to be mean or snarky but your vent just seems like you want people to give you sympathy for a situation you knowingly got yourself into.
  • imageblondnearby:
    I am sorry but you purposely got ku'd by someone who doesn't see marriage in the near future. You obviously knew this before you got pg.  I think you need to care less about what others think and say to you.  You want sympathy because you put yourself in a situation that isn't ideal?  Not to be mean but did you get PG because you thought it would then force him to propose?  If the timing isnt ideal to get married why in the world would it be ideal to have a child?  I am not trying to be mean or snarky but your vent just seems like you want people to give you sympathy for a situation you knowingly got yourself into.

this

• imagepeanutontheway:

imageblondnearby:
    I am sorry but you purposely got ku'd by someone who doesn't see marriage in the near future. You obviously knew this before you got pg.  I think you need to care less about what others think and say to you.  You want sympathy because you put yourself in a situation that isn't ideal?  Not to be mean but did you get PG because you thought it would then force him to propose?  If the timing isnt ideal to get married why in the world would it be ideal to have a child?  I am not trying to be mean or snarky but your vent just seems like you want people to give you sympathy for a situation you knowingly got yourself into.

this

Ditto this post.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"