Houston Babies

What books does your DC love?

Re: What books does your DC love?

• goodnight moon

anything by sandra boynton

anything "touch and feel"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Any pop-up books (Party Animals is a fav)

The "Ten Little..." Ladybugs or Ducks or whatever

Brown Bear & Polar Bear

And as annoying as they are, she loves the books that make sounds.  Baby Einstein makes several and we have a couple Sesame Street ones.

Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
    So Tasty, So Yummy
  • Loading the player...
  • goodnight moon

karen katz lift-the-flap books

moo, ba, la, la, la - sandra boynton

she's not really picky about her books, but those are the ones she will pick out consistenly...

• Anything Sandra Boynton

Reagan loves Brown Bear and has it memorized now. She just got a lot of neat Eric Carle books where it is two part and you match the top to the bottom.

Crazy Christmas Kids!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I see a Monster is DD absolute favorite.  It is touch and feel and then has a mirror on the last page and she always smiles when she sees herself.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Nursery Rhymes (short) and anything with Elmo/Sesame Street.

• Another vote for Sandra Boynton as well as Eric Carle books.

Lift-the-flap books are something she goes crazy for, but she has destroyed all pop-up books.  She is just too rough with them.

Also goodnight moon ? she love love loves it.

Some unique books that she has and loves are:

Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots?

Do you know how much I love you (this is a family favorite and is practically ruined it has been read so much - it's great for learning body parts and giving you an excuse to kiss her all over).

Walter the Farting Dog ? Trouble at the Yard Sale (I regret buying this one, but you asked and I?m answering)

She loves all of her princess books but those are a little older for first starting out.

Curious George books are very popular as well

For young ones, the soft books that crinkle and have chewable parts on them are great too!

"If you can't say something nice, shut the hell up!"
    - Paula Deen to 104.1 KRBE's Producer Eric 9/17/2011
  • his 2 favorites are Sheep in a Jeep by Nancy Shaw and Toes, Ears and Nose by Karen Katz.  I have them both memorized and can recite them in a meltdown and he always perks up.

My favorites are the "Little" books by Amy Krause Rosenthal: Little Hoot, Little Oink and Little Pea.  They're fantastic!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Amber
    TTC since March '06
    MFI, LPD, possible PCOS
    3 chem pgs * m/c identical twins at 9w 10.06
    IVF w/ICSI #2 - beta - 187! (9dp5dt), beta - 367! (11dp5dt)
    IVF w/ICSI #3 - it's a girl!
    My IF Blog: Between the Lines
    My Parenting Blog: Letters From Your Mama
  • currenly truitt loves the Llama Llama books. when he was 1st starting to really understand the books we were reading and interact with them, he loved all the Byron Barton books. they are simple and fun and very boyish :)

mathis likes anything he can chew on, so we have a ton of board books in nice colors and textures.

• Chicka Chicka Boom Boom

When you give a _______ a ________ (i.e. give a cat a cupcake, give a moose a muffin, give a pig a party, etc)

Mr. Brown Can Moo

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • When she was little...Goodnight Moon and Pat the Bunny

Now she loves all the "How do Dinosaurs.." books and also I believe the other books are by Bourton? 

Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"