Blended Families

In laws are not coming to see the baby.

DH's mom and step dad, tell him weeks ago that they will head up here coming right after the baby is born, but then Christmas day, his mom tells me the same damn excuse that she told us for our wedding. They can't come because of the dogs. 

Are you serious?!?

She has two tiny little chihuahua's. Stick them in a damn carrier and bring them!  Our horse/dog might eat them as a snack...but we have plenty of room and space for her to bring her dogs.  They are low maintenance.  And there is such a thing as kennels and neighbors.  But for some reason there aren't any where they live?

She also keeps saying, she hates to fly, so when the train comes near you, you'll have to let us know, we'll take the train up. I have told her MANY times that the train is very close to us, just 20 minutes away, much closer than the airport, and it would be so easy for us to get her.  Still she acts like we have no train service here.

I dunno. I guess I should count my blessings. She'd drive me bonkers while she was here. her conversations are very one sided and it's not a two way kind of discussion. She flits from one topic to another and we hear the same things over and over.  But I'd suck it up and deal with it for the sake of my DH who misses his family. He's a little tired of always being the one to make the effort and I think it hurts even more for him to see my family always make such an effort to be there for us, and his does little or nothing. 

DH just blows it off, but I can tell it hurts.  I am so angry for him.

Re: In laws are not coming to see the baby.

• I could have written this myself. MIL and FIL have 2  chihuahua's and they never leave them! They missed the first month of Masons life because it wasnt optimal to bring their dogs with them. We went to Disney world with them and my step daughters that they havnt seen in 3 years, and every 2 hours they went back to check on their dogs, we hardly saw them. It pisses us off that they cant just board them for a few days, or leave them alone for a bit in the camper while we are in he park. ugh. I understand. It upsets me too that they think more about their dogs then their own family sometimes.

sorry =/

• My parents left my wedding 2 hours early because "the dogs are traumatized" from being alone for too long in an unfamiliar place (my house).  They become "traumatized" if they take a bath in winter, if their behavior is corrected in any way (they literally use puppy pee pads and have not been housebroken), if they are left alone for too long, if they aren't given a piece of lunchmeat when my mom makes sandwiches etc.  I feel your pain!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I love my dog...but jeez...I don't let her run my life.  And I most certainly do not treat her like a child or a member of the family. She's a dog for crying out loud. I'd choose my family and friends over the dog any day.  And if my dog is "traumatized" over anything I do, I'm doing something wrong as a dog owner and my dog is not a happy dog. 

I dunno. His family just doesn't have the bond that mine does.I just hate tho that they say they will do something and then back out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"