Blended Families
Options

F/U to his b/s

Found out this morning that it is apparently true. He did get arrested. Last Tuesday. He's out on OR and has a hearing mid February. He called my mother and told her about it all. All he gave for info was that he stole stuff and he is being investigated for it. He's looking at going away for 2-5, but they are trying to cut him a deal but he doesn't want it. My mom said that he sounded "proud of himself". As soon as I find out what county this is in, I can get the report.

What a role model! 

~*March 26th, 2011 - The day I marry my best friend*~ Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers image 44 Invitations sent out!
image 70 guests are joining the celebration!
image 11 friends are sad they can't make it
image 20 people are procrastinators!
RSVP Date: 2/28/2011

Re: F/U to his b/s

• Options
    Hummm... Sounds fishy. Do you think that he wants to go away because then he wouldnt have to pay child support? (If he's in jail, there is no way possible to pay, correct?)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageJ+R:
    Hummm... Sounds fishy. Do you think that he wants to go away because then he wouldnt have to pay child support? (If he's in jail, there is no way possible to pay, correct?)

I thought it still accumulated while in jail if she has a CO.  So, he'd come out of jail and immediately owe 2-3 years of back child support (plus whatever he's behind now).

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe? I have no idea... He's never held a job to pay her CS to begin with!
  • Options
    imageFriskyPanda:

imageJ+R:

I thought it still accumulated while in jail if she has a CO.  So, he'd come out of jail and immediately owe 2-3 years of back child support (plus whatever he's behind now).

Not sure how it would work out, but he's currently $6000 behind and is ordered to pay $57 a week and that includes arrearages.
    ~*March 26th, 2011 - The day I marry my best friend*~ Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers image 44 Invitations sent out!
  • Options
    Any chance he would sign away his parenting rights?
  • Options
    imageDaringMiss:
    Any chance he would sign away his parenting rights?
    He's already said he would. I just need to figure out where to file the paperwork. He lives in one county, I moved to another county less then a year ago, and our case is still based out of my old county. Not sure which district I would have to go through. I had an email to an atty, but I haven't heard back from her yet. I'm going to call her tomorrow morning to see if she can help me.
  • Options
    I would just file it in the county where your action is currently filed.  I would call the clerk, make sure they have your new address and ask what paperwork will need to be filed to terminate his rights.  They can tell you what the steps are...
  • Options
    I agree.  I believe that it is where the original paperwork is filed?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"