Trouble TTC
Options

BW points toward PCOS Advice Needed

Hi Ladies I originally posted this on GP board, but think it may be better fitting for this board

A little background on my situation just stopped BCP in Oct and Cycle # 1 was 59 days and anovulatory. Went to see OB she did bloodwork on CD2 of cycle # 2. Doc called today with results everything came back fine EXCEPT LH/FSH is 2:1 which she said usually indicates PCOS. She said not to worry and just give my cycle more time and see what it does. She did not seem worried at all, but I am so confused and sad. I asked her can these levels change, bc I just stopped BCP and she said yes. That part confused me. Can you still ovulate on your own with PCOS? Any advice or info you have for me I would appreciate. I am still new to all this and keep getting bad news. I have made an appt with RE and for an u/s. TIA ladies

Re: BW points toward PCOS Advice Needed

• Options
    Don't get too worked up yet.  It's only your second cycle off of BCP.  Give yourself some more time to see what your cycles do.  PCOS is not the worst diagnosis and there are treatment options for it.  Be patient.  Most doctors will want you to wait at least six cycles, if not 12.
  • Options
    I've never been on BCP, but I do have PCOS and wasn't ovulating when I first was TTC.   I was insulin resistant and put on metformin which helped me ovulate and I ended up conceiving my son on both Metformin and Clomid combined.  You may want to check into that option with your doctor.  Just so you know though Metformin takes a few cycles to for it to kick in and work.  Good luck to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"