TTC after 35

Looking for geriatric IUI success stories

Im looking for some hope! 

Please share your IUI success stories.  I am starting IUIs in 2010 and I have very little hope.  I would LOVE to hear some success stories of some "old" girls like us.  I dont care if the story is yours, your neighbor's, your cousin's, some random person you met on the subway, etc, etc.  I just want to hear that it can work! 

My FSH is now 12, antral follicle count with last IVF in Sept was 11, and I did have 3 great embryos with my last IVF.  Dr says success rate should be around 15-17%. 

Also please share as many details as you feel comfortable with.  How many follicles at trigger, drugs used, etc.

Thanks!

Re: Looking for geriatric IUI success stories

• mrsK i'm an IUI success.  we tried for almost 18 months. i have PCOS and metabolic syndrome.  dh has slight MFI.  we also have an issue of erectile dysfunction as well.  for the PCOS i'm very insulin resistant and was on up to 2000 mg of glucophage, took clomid x2 with no ovulation.  we also had issue where a few of those months we didnt try because of the loss of my nephew and not sure whether we wanted to continue on.

for our IUI it was the first one and it was a success. i was on Femara 7.5 mg and triggered with ovidrel.  i temped and did CBEFM until trigger day then for 1 week i stopped temping and didnt use the CBEFM at my md's advice b/c it would be inaccurate due to the trigger. after a week started temping again and then on 13dpIUI i tested. my only symptoms was on day 13 which was extreme nausea and dizzyness.  otherwise before that i had absolutely no symptoms. which freaked me out because usually in the two week wait my boobs are sore and i have cramps.  and with that 2 ww nada.

sorry that got long. HTH.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are at the tail end of week five, so I am still a tentative success story - but my numbers were very similar to yours.  I had an FSH of 10.6 and an antral follicle count of 11.  We were also quoted a success rate of 15 - 20% per cycle.

We got pregnant on the first cycle.  The protocol was 100 mg clomid for 5 days, 75 mg of follistim for one day, an ovridel trigger, followed by 200 mg of prometrium during the two week wait.

We had been trying for almost two years, w/a miscarriage at the one year mark.

Best of luck to you!!  Let me know if you have any other questions.

• Loading the player...
  • My first IUI was with clomid only and was a BFN

Second IUI was with clomid and trigger-BFN.  This was the first cycle I was monitored.  I went into the IUI with a 22 and 25 mm follie

My last IUI was with 150 IU Repronex and trigger.  I stimmed for 12 days which was longer than I would have liked but, the ladies here reminded me that slow and easy produces better folicles.  I ended up with a 19 and an 21 mm follicle to work with this cycle.  They also put me on progesterone starting three days after the IUI.

I get my Beta on Wednesday and I'm feeling really, really good about it.

We have unexplained secondary IF.  My H is 43 with no problems and I'm 38 (almost 39).

Give it several tries before you give up and they say with every new treatment plan you should give it a good two tries.

GL to you and keep us posted!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"