Pregnant after 35
Options

Glucose test - ugh!

I had my appt and glucose test scheduled for yesterday.

I drank my drink an hour before my appt, get to the doctor's office and what do I find out?  That because it's Saturday they don't have a lab person.  No one to draw blood so I will have to drink it again next week.  

The doctor did tell me that they didn't find any sugar in my urine which is a good sign so I'm pretty confident that I won't have any problems.

Still measuring 4 wks ahead.  This doctor's (not my regular doctor) explanation?  That people who aren't their ideal weight when they get pg often measure large.   Thanks lady for calling me fat. LOL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Glucose test - ugh!

• Options
    Boo on having to drink it twice.  Once is bad enough.  Interesting perspective from the doc - haven't heard that before.
  • Options

Glucose drink yuck! Sorry that happened. Hopefully it will all be fine next week when you take your test.

I really hate comments from skinny drs about my weight. Sorry  sweetie.

Lilypie Maternity tickers"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That is just wrong on so many levels. Drinking twice and rude comments. IMO,  Logan is a big boy. Hope everything else went well. Enjoy your time with the older boys!

• Options

ooh yuck.  i just finished my 3 hour on thursday. i'm sorry you have to drink again.  maybe my lab is different but i had to come in have a fasting blood sugar drawn, then drank the ucky orange drink then did the serial blood draws. hmm i'm curious.

and booo on your doctor for making that comment.

• Options

I have to drink the orange drink for my next appt in 3 weeks.  Is it really yucky?  What does it taste like?  Will it make me gag?  I was hoping it would taste like orange Fanta....

Shannon, sorry you have to drink it twice -- your doctor or nurse should have told you that the lab is not open on Saturdays!  

• Options
    imageUTKD:

I have to drink the orange drink for my next appt in 3 weeks.  Is it really yucky?  What does it taste like?  Will it make me gag?  I was hoping it would taste like orange Fanta....

Shannon, sorry you have to drink it twice -- your doctor or nurse should have told you that the lab is not open on Saturdays!  

It tastes like a super sugary flat orange drink.  It probably wouldn't be so bad if I liked orange drinks but I've never liked the taste of them. 

• Options
    imagejenlaws:

That is just wrong on so many levels. Drinking twice and rude comments. IMO,  Logan is a big boy. Hope everything else went well. Enjoy your time with the older boys!

Thanks Jen!  We've been having a great time. 

• Options
    imagersrn02:

ooh yuck.  i just finished my 3 hour on thursday. i'm sorry you have to drink again.  maybe my lab is different but i had to come in have a fasting blood sugar drawn, then drank the ucky orange drink then did the serial blood draws. hmm i'm curious.

and booo on your doctor for making that comment.

I guess the way they do the draw for the 3 hr is different but all I had to do was the 1 hr. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"