Special Needs

Moms of 2, whose 1st has Downs....

I just found out on Christmas day that we are expecting #2!! I am excited but VERY nervous.. Every little thing I feel makes me nervous.. I am going to call on Monday to make my first appt but what do I expect? C's diagnosis was a surprise at birth and I had a textbook pregnancy with him. ALL tests came back negative..

I know this time around they are going to want to do a CVS but do they generally want to see you sooner than if your first was a typical pg? Did you wind up with more testing and U/S's?

Sorry for all the questions but a MILLION things keep running thru my mind and I dont know if I am going to be able to relax and enjoy this pregnancy until the baby is born and I know everything is ok...

I just feel like I am going to need A LOT of support this time around and what better place to start than here!!!

(oh and if I am friends with any of you on FB or another board please keep it hush hush as its very early still and I am pretty cautious with any announcements and dont want everyone to know just yet. Thank you!! Smile)

tia

jessica

Re: Moms of 2, whose 1st has Downs....

• I don't have any answers for you, since we're the other way around, but just wanted to say congratulations!!!
    Nora Judith 7/2/06 Miles Chauncey 4/20/09 born with Trisomy 21 - Down syndrome
  • First, Congrats on #2! What a wonderful present!

DS #1 has WilliamsSyndrome.  It was a huge leap for us to try for #2. (DS #2 due in March!)   Since my OB did know about DS #1, we were seen earlier than they usually see patients, and referred us to a high risk doc for genetic counselling and for the 13  and 20 week ultrasounds.  The ultrasounds were super thorough and we got to spend a lot of time looking at this little peanut. It's been nice to know they're taking extra care of us.

I can relate to how anxious you feel and the questions running thru your mind.  It was a little hard to me to relax and enjoy this pregnancy, but once we did, it's been nice. 

Best wishes for a happy and healthy 9 months!

• Loading the player...
  • thanks ladies!

Akimbo, its taken us more than 2 years to go ahead and try for #2.. I am terrified but really want another baby.. so it was a big step for us too.. I hear ya!

Cooker, OMG how cute is Miles??!! he's gotten so big! He is so handsome!! 

• imageJezebel1228:

thanks ladies!

Akimbo, its taken us more than 2 years to goahead and try for #2.. I am terrified but really want another baby.. soit was a big step for us too.. I hear ya!

Cooker, OMG how cute is Miles??!! he's gotten so big! He is so handsome!! 

Your pics of Caleb always make me smile. He's such a cutie pie. :) 

Nora Judith 7/2/06 Miles Chauncey 4/20/09 born with Trisomy 21 - Down syndrome
  • congrats!!  we found out last x-mas that i was pregnant with ds #2.  crazy how fast a year goes by!  

my ob did not pressure me into getting a cvs or amnio. i told them straight off the bat that i will not be getting an amnio.  i did choose to get an nt scan + papp-a blood work done at around 11 1/2 weeks.  no extra tests were done and no other extra ultrasounds were done.  a good friend of mine is pregnant with her 2nd child (her first has Down syndrome and like you all tests came back negative) chose to have an amnio and no other testing.  her results came back normal and that has helped to somewhat put her mind at ease.  i think that since we are surrounded by children with special needs, you see all the things that can happen that no test can detect (i.e. cp) and thus you just won't be able to relax until your child is born.

congrats once again and hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 3/9/12 Natural M/C 4/11/12

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Your son is so handsome!  I love his hair.  Congratulations!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Jezebel - I was so happy to see your post! Our little one is 7 months old and we would like more children but are super nervous too..... I will be very excited to see you through this pregnancy and am certain all will be well.

Cooker - Miles is sitting up on his own??? That's awesome! We're still working on that will Jacob.... hopefully in the next month or two!

image Aiden Jude is on his way! Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't have any words of wisdom but I just wanted to say congratulations, Jessica! Caleb is going to be an awesome big brother!
  • imageLantaria:
    Your son is so handsome!  I love his hair.  Congratulations!

lol thank you!! I love his hair too..  its the ONE thing he got from me, the rest is ALL daddy!

• imageduchess0727:
    I don't have any words of wisdom but I just wanted to say congratulations, Jessica! Caleb is going to be an awesome big brother!

Thank you!! I hope so! right now he's not so gentle with his baby doll so we're going to have to work on it! lol Tongue Tied

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"