Parenting after 35
Options

Christmas with the Warrens

So DB came to pick up Pumpkin for Christmas about 4:00pm.  He brought her home about 10:00pm.  She is supposed to spend this week with him, and he knows it, but he brought her home last night.  I am happy that she is home, so I didn't mention it.  He came in my house after P told him that I didn't want him there and literally started to pick a fight with me (he tried to do that on Christmas Eve too, but I hung up on him).  So here we are fighting in the living room of my home on Christmas Day.  Nice.  I asked him to leave like 6 times, and he only left after I completely lost my cool and told him off.  I mean yelling, cussing, get the F out of my house, lost my cool. Angry

Oh and he or his family didn't get Jackson one effing thing for Christmas.  Just to be sure that he didn't leave it at his parents house, I called his mom.  I told her that I felt bad that she didn't get to see her grandson on Christmas, and I'm sure they want to give him his gifts, so why don't I bring him over to their house so they can see him.  I also said that I realize that if I don't facilitate visits between them that they would never see him.  She told me that they were not home, and wouldn't be home until late tonight.  She said they had to go visit people while FIL was off of work.  I asked her about tomorrow.  I said I can come to your house, you can come to mine, or I can meet you somewhere.  She said she would be busy.  She said she would call me when she has some time.  So she is too busy "visiting" other people today, and she can't see her only grandson! 

That's it!  I give up!  To hell with all of them, and the sooner the better.  Oh, and Pumpkin's presents will be boxed up and sent to her father's house with a letter about how he has two children, and he will buy for both or he will buy for none.  This way I will get my point across to Douchebag, and she will still be able to play with her stuff at her father's house.  I talked to my attorney and he agreed this is the best way to handle it.  I certainly hope so.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Christmas with the Warrens

• Options

Shelley,  I'm so sorry that he and his family continue to be douche-tastic. You must be feeling so frustrated and disappointed.

Just remember what a blessing Jackson is, and by handling it responsibly you're setting an amazing example for Pumpkin.  It's so hard to be "nice" all the time, but it's well worth it.

Hang in there, you're an AMAZING mommy, and a brilliant woman! Keep it up!

• Options

If I lived closer, I'd probably be arrested.  I'm so mad on your behalf... I have no words.

I'm so sorry Shelley.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Shelley so sorry-- your kids are lucky to have you and maybe it is a blessing that j will not have a relationship with DB and his family. I hope the new year brings you peace and happiness.xoxoxo
  • Options
    Why would they not want a relationship with that beautiful, beautiful baby boy??? Oh well, I don't have a relationship with my parents and my husband has offered to visit with Raquel and they've refused. You just can't change people but it's still really hard sometimes. Hang in there.
  • Options

wow. i've been there and i'm sooooooo sorry you are there right now!!!!  i'm with Robyn, i'd be in jail right now if i lived near you. (hugs)

what does pumpkin think about you shipping thetoys to her dad's house? he clearly isn't interested in having her around consistently, so will she even get to play with them? how did she handle the big blow out?

why do some men not understand that children are people and the crap they do to hurt their ex ends up hurting the children long term?!

Angry 

• Options
    I'm so sorry.  I don't even know what else to say.
  • Options
    It's too bad that Jackson has to suffer the consequences of douchebag and douchebag's family's shitty behavior. But I agree that the best thing is to just cut the cord with all of them. You don't need the stress and I'm sure it's better for Jackson not to know his grandparents than to see all the stress and fighting between the 2 families. I hope you can live in peace with P and J and forget about the whole lot of them. Good riddance, I say.
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Options
    imageKandie35:

what does pumpkin think about you shipping thetoys to her dad's house? he clearly isn't interested in having her around consistently, so will she even get to play with them? how did she handle the big blow out?

Pumpkin is ok with the toy situation.  Its not ideal, but she had a great Christmas at home, so she has plenty of new toys here.  She needs something to play with over there anyway.  She is sad for her brother, and she doesn't understand why her dad and his family don't love him.  She was upset by the fight, of course, but I talked to her about it and apologized for my behavior.  She slept w/ me and we talked and cuddled until about 12:45am.

• Options
    I swear I could quote everything everyone already said...but I just want to say your a great mom and an awesome lady and you can tell that db of an SOB that there is a mob of really angry women who you are friends with that are thinking about taking up hunting db's in GA
  • Options

Well, Lady, you tried. As far as XMIL is concerned, you reached out and gave her every chance, including the "meeting you somewhere" option, which was pretty smart (*eta* considering XMIL's mousiness, it gives her the option to see J without confronting DB or XFIL if she wants). I would say you should be able to move on with a clear conscience, at least.

I think sending the toys to her dad's is the best y in thing you can do in a situation that he is making awful.

As far as DB is concerned, have you talked to your lawyer about a restraining order?

((HUGS)) I'm sorry you and your are having to deal with this, esp. over the holidays.

• Options
    imageDaisiesinmygarden:

As far as DB is concerned, have you talked to your lawyer about a restraining order?

No.  Unless and until he physically does something to me, I don't think I can.  I just hope he didn't come in and provoke me (he knows how to push my buttons) to record it and use it against me in court.  That is something the DB would totally do.

• Options
    imagefauxshelley:
    imageDaisiesinmygarden:

No.  Unless and until he physically does something to me, I don't think I can.  I just hope he didn't come in and provoke me (he knows how to push my buttons) to record it and use it against me in court.  That is something the DB would totally do.

You need to document everything (if you haven't already) because in a he said/she said - he/she who writes it down wins. You probably know that already. I was in a very similiar situation. It was terrifying and infuriating.

I'm going to PM you, check in a sec.

• Options
    I agree with the PP's .... listen, you tried, that is all anybody can ever ask for.  You tried and you tried your hardest to please everyone for the sake of your children.  Obviously DB doesn't fall far from the tree it appears and they will severely regret their actions later on.  You have two beautiful children and you are a wonderful human being, mom and friend.  I say time to forget about DH and his family and start fresh and new for the new year.  Here's my glass held high for you Drinks  cheers!
    image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am so very sorry, sweetheart. Sadly, nothing he does surprises me anymore. :(

As far as XMIL, forget her. You extended the olive branch and gave her another try. She blew it.

• Options
    I am so mad for you. I hate how wonderful people are put in terrible situations and yours just makes me so upset. You do not deserve to have to deal with DB or your XMIL. 
  • Options
    imagefauxshelley:
    imageKandie35:

Pumpkin is ok with the toy situation.  Its not ideal, but she had a great Christmas at home, so she has plenty of new toys here.  She needs something to play with over there anyway.  She is sad for her brother, and she doesn't understand why her dad and his family don't love him.  She was upset by the fight, of course, but I talked to her about it and apologized for my behavior.  She slept w/ me and we talked and cuddled until about 12:45am.

Pumpkin sounds like an extraordinary person - just like her mama. 

I hope I did not sound supportive. I am completely supportive of you!!!! I am so worried about the kids for you. I worry about H because I really believe the relationship a girl has with her father impacts the rest of her life significantly. DB is f*ing up her world which will impact her as an adult too. He is so selfish and short-sighted that he cannot see what he is doing to this little girl who will one day (before you even know it) be a woman with all this daddy-baggage. sigh. I have a daughter with daddy baggage myself. It's difficult. I myself have daddy baggage (he and his family do not acknowledge me much like your ex and ex in-laws do not J) so I know how painful it is and how even as a grown woman, it never stops hurting. You're a fantastic person and a great mommy (apologizing to H bc you lost your temper is fabulous thing to do - seriously), so H will be okay, but DB is creating holes in her heart that only he can mend which he doesn't seem capable of doing.

• Options
    I'm so sorry Shelley. I effing hate DB on your behalf! And how he and his family can treat sweet baby Jack that way makes my blood boil!!!
  • Options

MY GOD SHELLEY

I am so sorry.

And, here I am telling you to throw your ex-MIL a olive branch?! Wow, I don't know how you can spoon feed her anymore than you have. What a weak woman, sad excuse for a grandmother. You tired.

I like your idea of Pumpkin's presents staying at DBs house. Those presents being at your house would just be a sore reminder of what Jack didn't receive.

I'm angry for you. I'm sad too. I'm sad for Jack. I'm sad that Pumpkin witnesses this.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!

Kari

Robby's Blog

Momma Bear
    Big - 1 year old
    Bigger - 6 years old
    Biggest - 13 years old

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, Shelley!  I am sooo sorry.  :(
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Gah. What a disappointment. I can't tell you how sad I am for you, P and J that this is happening. Based on your previous post I was afraid that something like this would happen :(
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"