Parenting after 35
Options

2 dumb Mom questions....

1) Does any else's baby completely blow out their diaper everytime they poop?  I am talking up the front, in the back, out the sides, everywhere.Ick! Its disgusting.  I have to bathe him (or use a ton of wipes if we are out of the house) and change his clothes when he poops.

2) Does any one else's baby rattle when they breathe?  J has always been a heavy breather, and rattles almost like a wheeze most of the time.  He has been checked out but the pedi didn't see anything wrong with him.  He is not sick, he has sounded like this since birth.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 2 dumb Mom questions....

• Options

1) She did blow out several of her disposables when we travelled. It was naaaaaaasTAY! I think it is very common.

2) No, but she has sneezed several times a day since literally a few minutes after she was born.

Could there some mild asthma going on??? My DS had asthma when he was sick. He outgrew it.

(edited cause that sounded kind of snooty and it wasn't)

• Options

1) Not every time, but it did happen often enough when she was younger.  After he starts on solids, especially after a couple of months, you should be able to say goodbye to the blowouts forever.

2) Keira did have a wheezing sound when she breathed for a while there.  I don't remember how long it lasted, but it eventually went away.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

**butting in**

imageDaisiesinmygarden:

2) No, but she has sneezed several times a day since literally a few minutes after she was born.

LOL - so did Nicholas!!!!  he sneezed 3 times seconds after he was born and now sneezes all the time everyday ... too funny!

**butting out**

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1) just a few times, but not everyday .....

2) could be anything, could be nothing, trust your instincts, go see another pedi or allergy doc if it'll make you feel better...I would, just to "be safe"

sorry if i'm not much help ... :o(

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1) Nope. Every other day or so he'll have a blowout either up his back or out his legs, but rarely both at the same time. His poops have been precariously close to going out his back every time, but so far we've been lucky that his CDs usually hold(though see previous posts about my fear that this won't continueTongue Tied).

2) He's been known to snore on occasion, but he doesn't rattle.I wouldn't worry if the pedi says he's fine. I think baby's tend to sound more congested in general because their little sinuses are so tiny.

• Options
    imagestever:

He's been known to snore on occasion

Off topic, but...... AWWWWW. That is soooooo cute. Although I can see it might not seem cute at 3:30 AM. :o) I think I'd have to record it and make it my ringtone!

• Options

1) Does any else's baby completely blow out their diaper everytime they poop?  What kind of diapers do you use? We use Pampers Swaddlers and have never had a blowout. Are his dipeys too small?

2) Does any one else's baby rattle when they breathe?  Ya a lot of time. Two docs both told me he's fine though.

• Options

We use Pampers swaddlers also.  Too small, maybe, but I have a huge Sam's sized box of size 1-2 up to 15 lbs, and he is not even 14 lbs yet.  After those are gone, he will be moving up to size 2 for sure.

It makes me feel better that Jace rattles too.  Sometimes I worry about him and think I haven't taken him to the right doctor for them to figure it out.  Thats residual guilt and worry left over from the pregnancy, I think.

• Options

1. No... Aaron rarely poops. LOL. But the few blowouts he's had have been on the side (left mostly).

2. He is always congested. He snorts and his nose is stuffed. Has been since birth. But his chest seems clear.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    Blow ups only happen in the car seat.  No rattling here.
  • Options

1. Only two or three real blowouts when his clothes got dirty.

2. Matt wheezes, sneezes, and snores. You can hear him breathe through the monitor he is so loud. For a few months he was sneezing three times in a row. He stopped doing that cute little trick though.

• Options

1. a few blowouts but nothing that has leaked from the diaper. (alot of times I have the change his clothes as his socks or onesie will touch the poop as I'm changing him though)

2. Robert is very noisy as he breathes. He snorts, wheezes and snores. He sounds congested all the time but, his nostrils look clear and he breathes through his nose. At his 1mo appt, the Doc said it's perfectly normal. I was thinking about mentioning it again at his 2mo appt. (Glad to hear Robby isn't the only one that rattles as he breathes)

Robby's Blog

Momma Bear
    Big - 1 year old
    Bigger - 6 years old
    Biggest - 13 years old

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Margaux has had blowouts, but she only poops about every three days, so it's hard to find a pattern.  She only had one huge, both sides, back and front blowout, that was pretty gross.

She's occasionally a wheezer.  I prefer it when she does, because it reassures me that she's breathing!  

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"