Texas Babies

So- what's your little one getting from Santa? And...

what are your plans? 

We're certainly not going overboard, but she's got some goodies under the tree.  That inexpensive play kitchen from HEB, some LIttle People stuff, some board books, PJs, Parents Buzy Zoo block (or something like that.)  I'm going to keep it in my kitchen... and a few other random things that I can't really think of right now. Oh and moolah for the college fund. Good times. At the rate we're going, we'll be able to pay for maybe her books her first year! haha.

I figure this (and possibly next year) are the last years she'll be as excited to play with the box as she will the contents of the box 

So what are you giving your dc? Anything exciting for the hubs?  

As far as plans go, my parents are here.  We're heading over there Christmas Eve and we'll stay the night.  A few family friends are coming over and we're having our mexican feast that night.  Christmas Day we'll just hang out.  My dad, brother, and Matt always golf Cmas Day... but with my dad's shoulder surgery, I'm not sure if that will happen. We'll eat a yummy meal and then Matt has to drive to Killeen to fly out to Atlanta early the 26th... Oh, and my 90 year old g'ma is here from OH, so that's special :)  It will be low key but very nice and fun.  We play games and drink all day long :)

Hmm... poor Matt has just a few small items under the tree.  Our big gift to each other is a trip to Ireland this June, sans Elise! Woot! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So- what's your little one getting from Santa? And...

• James is getting his smallest toys from Santa b/c the larger ones were bought by his grandparents.

He's getting a little bag of musical instruments, a small Laughing Elmo doll, pop-up blocks, stacking cups, a personalized sippy cup, and a tug-boat bath toy...

I'm getting DH an Ipod docking station with speakers.  I also got him this years Texas Tech ornament.  His white elephant present this year is a paper shredder.

Ireland!  So awesome!  We booked our first mommy and daddy get away a couple weeks ago.  We're going to St Lucia and we're so excited!

Christmas eve, I had planned to go to the church service, but after going to the service for his baptism last weekend, I realized it may not be that fun to take James.  Plus, I kinda got my christmas service fill from that.  I think we'll just drive around to look at lights, and eat our hour-d oeurves while watching James open a Christmas Eve present.  After James is in bed, we'll enjoy some drinks and a movie.  We're going up to Austin for Christmas day and spending the night there. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Carter is getting a train table. We are going to return the toy kitchen... our house is lacking in space so we prioritized. He is also getting some books, a Tag Jr, an Elmo DVD.

DH is getting a surround sound system and some kitchen gadgets.

We are doing Christmas eve dinner and Christmas morning with my mom at our house. Then we are going to my dad's house for Christmas dinner.

• Loading the player...
  • Grandparents bought big stuff so we got little things for Jack. A step start walk & ride, a handmade pull toy, a doll he can chew on, a dunk & cheer (actually from Jack & me to DH), blocks.

We haven't actually finished opening my parents' presents to Jack since my ILs came to my parents' house early (and monopolized him, my fault, but big family holidays are so overwhelming to me). 

Jack's favorite so far is this - he laughed and laughed at it! image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"