Adoption
Options

Life Insurance Vent

We were so close to being approved by the agency, or so I thought, and then found out we have to both get $25,000 in life insurance before they will approve us. Or at least have it within 30 days of placement. I am so annoyed by the situation. If they had told us this in September when we started talking to the agency I could have added life insurance through my work during open enrollment in October. Now it is going to be a big huge pain tot try and add it through a private company. We might be able to add it after placement because of the qualifying event. Even with that I can only cover my husband, who is in college, at $20,000. I tried explaining to the agency that my husband does not provide any income to the family and we don't have any debt, but I think they are still going to want us to cover him at the higher amount. With the Christmas holiday I have to wait longer to find out answers. Plus, I am a school counselor and can't confirm the adding at placement until we return to school on January 4th. Ugh. I just want our approval letter and for this process to be over. I don't know why agencies can't tell you this stuff at the beginning. 

Re: Life Insurance Vent

• Options

Oh girl! I am so sorry. Our agency did the SAME THING. They completely forgot to tell us ahead of time we both needed life insurance. My DH already had it through his work, but I had not been added to it. Luckily they told us in time when open enrollement was going on. I went ahead and got $30,000 -- they didn't give us a specific amount to have though.

I really hope you can get things figured out with it. You figure these agencies would REMEMBER these types of things and would work with ppl on them! GL

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"