Baby Showers
Options

Whats the perfect Shower Gift?

I think with my first child I got probably (no kidding) 30 blankets! I got a lot of clothes but people didnt really get me what I needed!

What do you think are good gifts? I think clothes is good to a point but it seems like at Baby showers everyone wants to oooh and ahh over how everything is so cute!

But when it comes down to it that isnt really what we all need right?

I would love to get this just like the Kardashian sisters have and I think it would be sooooooooo cute in a nursery! Bright colors and everything eventhough its not a NEED. But would be cute!

If you have advice on the one thing someone should ask for or take as a gift what would that ONE thing be?

Re: Whats the perfect Shower Gift?

• Options

1. Anything on their registry.

2. Diapers and wipes in various sizes

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options

A shower is to shower the mother to be with gifts, not to provide necessities.  Gifts can be necessities or just something that the giver thinks the recipient will like. Personally, for baby and bridal showers, I buy from the registry 99% of the time. For my shower, about half was from the registry and the other half was clothes, blankets, dishes, etc.  I was grateful for it all and didn't second guess any of it. When DH and I deceided to have a baby, we assumed that WE would be reponsible for providing the necessities, although I will admit, help from family and friends is nice. 

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How about a diaper cake?  They are super cute and they also would make a great decoration at the shower.  This site has some cute ones: www.sosweetstationery.com
  • Options
    well, considering i bought 3 bla bla dolls, i would love one as a gift!  but it depends on the taste of the recipient...(you can see mine in my nursery pics in my bio)...love 'em!  it's definitely something different.  i know off the registry is most helpful, but i think since most people will buy clothes and blankets, something special like a doll that the child may keep forever is really thoughtful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Anything off the registry!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"