Birth Stories
Options

I posted this on 2nd tri but...

this might be a better place to get some info.  I have just heard of a "walking epidural" and want to know if any of you had them, how much of the pain did they take away, could you really walk around?  I have no intention of going natural, but I am interested in other ways to manage pain other than a spinal block.  TIA for all your information.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I posted this on 2nd tri but...

• Options
    I didn't have one, but I know that it's not always an option at every hospital so I would check with your hospital first.
  • Options

I think I asked about this last time but my hospital didn't offer them because it put them at an increased liability.  Basically, I think it's just an epidural that doesn't make you as numb ... just takes some of the pain away.  Perhaps you could talk to the Anesthesiologist about going light at first.  I have no idea if that's an option but maybe you could just push the button and add more meds if you were feeling too much pain.  I'm kind of clueless on the topic.

I didn't request anything special when I had mine and I was surprised that I could still move my legs around.  They felt like they weighed 100 pounds each and it was kind of a bizarre feeling but I still felt the baby coming out, I felt being stitched up, but nothing hurt.  Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"