Trouble TTC

Spotting before period and starting clomid

Hi. ?I'm new posting here and am hoping some of you might be able to give me some info ?My Dr. prescribed me Clomid which I will begin to take the start of my next cycle (I have a luteal phase defect and conceived my daughter successfully 2 1/2 years ago with Clomid). ?The problem is that I'm not sure what to consider CD 1, because I have been spotting so much recently between my O and the start of my period. ?At times it is just slight brown spotting, but yesterday and today, there were instances when I use the bathroom and its a bit heavier, and red, but then it goes away and I do not get my period. ?This happened last month as well, and then a few days later I got my "full" period. ?I had always read that the first day of full flow should be considered CD 1, but this spotting has been a bit heavier than it has been in the past. ?I called my OB office and spoke to the nurse, and she told me to consider the first day of red, heavier spotting to be CD1. ?Anyone been through this? ?Is she right? ?I'm going to call and ask to speak to the DR. in the morning to double check, but just wondering if anyone had any experience with this. ?Thanks!

Re: Spotting before period and starting clomid

• i consider anything heavy and red enough to need a tampon to be cd1, the brown spotting is from the previous cycle.
    Katie, PCOS since May 2005, Fostering since November 2010 Adoption since December 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    *PCOS bio* *Cold Hands, Warm Heart*
  • I was always told that the first day of heavy bleeding was AF too.  I've had some problems with spotting this year too.  I wonder if the Clomid will straighten that out?  Please let us know what your dr says.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have the same problem every month and never really know if I get it right.  The way I look at it, I have until cd 3 to figure it out, so if I have 2 brighter red days that are heavy in a row I count that as 1 and 2
  • Do you happen to chart?  If not, it may help you because your temp will drop on CD1...usually.  I have a major spotting problem mostly in my LP, and the only way I know it's CD 1 is because of my temp drop. 

By the way, is your LP defect the spotting?  I'm just curious because the OB's I've consulted about this don't seem to think it's a problem. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"