1st Trimester

Um, I haven't pooped in 3 days now

Tongue Tied. It's the Zofran's fault. What are you other Zofran users taking to keep your bowels moving? I keep thinking of the THREE days worth of food in my body and I fear the day it tries to make its grand exit. I'm skeered.
image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Um, I haven't pooped in 3 days now

• I have no advice but i cringed when I read this! You poor thing!

All you need for Christmas is a big BM!!!

• When you get to ease of the Zofran, it gets better.

But my record for days not pooping was 5.  Colace is okay.  For instant relief, enema.  Not fun, but it gets 'er done.

• Loading the player...
  • imagesept0305bride:

When you get to ease of the Zofran, it gets better.

But my record for days not pooping was 5.  Colace is okay.  For instant relief, enema.  Not fun, but it gets 'er done.

FIVE?? I used to poop at least twice a day :( Ah, the joys of pregnancy!

image BabyFruit Ticker
  • I went 4 days last week without a bm... by the time the "big moment" finally came, I was in such horrible abdominal pain and had to frantically run to the bathroom... ahhh the joys of pregnancy...

Oh, and the thing that finally triggered it??  A big cup of coffee. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • colace. I just talked to the OB nurse this morning about the same issue! 

good luck!

she also said metamucil will help. 

Sisterly love--Sophia (1/14/07) and Baby Margaux (7/13/10) image Doctor in training! :)image
  • I WASNT on zofran and swear I went a week in between poo's :P

Can you stomach things like Pears? kiwis? prunes? grapes? Drinking lots of water?? ?

• Last week I went a WHOLE WEEK!  I wish it was only 3 days!  I tried prunes, dried apricots, juices, EVERYTHING!  And when it DID happen, it was NOT very satisfying!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • prune-juice.jpg image by sloppy_joe100
    2 m/c's before DS, 3 m/c's post DS (Jan '12, March'12, May '12) image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagefatima5968:
    prune-juice.jpg image by sloppy_joe100

LOL I may have to invest in some, soon.

image BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemrs.gardner:

imagefatima5968:
    prune-juice.jpg image by sloppy_joe100

LOL I may have to invest in some, soon.

It's the only thing that works for me, and works like a charm!

2 m/c's before DS, 3 m/c's post DS (Jan '12, March'12, May '12) image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ripe (yellow and spotted) bananas helped me! Green bananas have the opposite effect so dont have those.
  • I've had to wait at least 2-3 days between each BM for the whole pregnancy so far! Poor hubby gets updates each time I go to the bathroom to try!!

I've found that good soft licorice can help.. have had mixed luck with prunes

• no zofran here and i still had a good bm since fri...
  • I was definitely having the same problem so I ate lots of apples (skin on) and grapes! I started to go EVERY day or EVERY OTHER day :) It is like a present every time I go :). Try it...good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker

DD1: born 8/3/2010               DD2: born 12/25/2013
  • Ugh, I'm so sorry!

My new personal motto is:  Any day I poop is a good day!

Good luck, I hope things get moving soon.

• I was having a horrible time with this.  There was one day I had to leave work because I was in so much pain from being stopped up.  That day she told me to take milk of magnesia and that helped get things going.  Every night when I take my vitamin I also take one colace, per the midwife's directions.  It has been helping a lot.  Also, green leafy veggies help a lot too.  And lots of fiber.
    Missing our Little Pumpkin BFP 2-19-09, MC 3-1-09 Mommy and Daddy miss you and love you so very much! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Totally not to TMI but im on zofran through my IV. I had the worst back up, that it got impacked and i ended up being rushed to the ER and was there for 6 hours. I had to have 7, yes 7 enamas to get it to finally move. I think labor was easier and less painful than what i went through. Im eating so much fiber now, i will never have that happenend again. Sad thing is, i had a BM like 2 days before. If you take zofran, fiber, water, walking, warm baths.
  • come to think of it, i havent gone in a few days too..

last time i "cleaned myself out" i ate clam chowder soup, that sure did the trick. (sorry for that)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"