LGBT Parenting
Options

1st try...coming soon

Ugh...my cycle is usuall VERY regular. 28 days on the dot...been tracking it for a while now since we're getting ready try try this baby making stuff.

All of a sudden ...a curve ball, this past cucle was 31 days and I didn't have the LH surge until day 19...what is up with that?? I hope it is just nerves because we are going for it this cycle. I suppose I will put my trust in the OPK to know when the time is right!

Anyone have anything similar happen?? I hope this is not the beginning of an infertility issue...as if a lack of sperm wasn't enough...LOL

Re: 1st try...coming soon

• Options

Could be stress. hope it all goes well for you. Good luck

~Kennedy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have heard of many, many people who cycle like clockwork...until the first try!  The stress/excitement of starting ttc is probably to blame.  I was tracking BBT and my temps went wacky the first cycle we tried (and we got pregnant!).  Best of luck with cycle #1!!
    Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    One off cycle hardly makes for an infertility issue.  Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We had the same problem our first try. It may just be stress, all that pressure and anticipation can add up.

Good luck.

• Options

Ditto the other posters about things changing on your first try. I can't say my cycle is always like clockwork, but in the lat few months they had been identical to each other as far as length, O date, etc.  

This month, when sperm was waiting in the guest room, of course ovulation was 4 days late, and I had days and days of worrisome spotting just before ovulation.  Nevertheless, we have reason to hope something good happened this month.  So you just never know.  Knowing what your signs are, even if they are late, will really help you with timing. 

Good luck! 

• Options
    I don't have much to add since I don't O on my own (a regular cycle, what's that?!), but I just wanted to say good luck this month!
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Options

I only charted when I was preparing for the process (since I used medicated IUIs with trigger for all 10 cycles), but I'm pretty sure I would have gone nuts trying to make sense of the temps and fertility signs.  I came out of charting LESS sure of my body than when I began.  I say go easy on yourself, chalk it up to stress, and try not to worry.

Good luck in your process!

• Options
    OMG that was totally me in October we had started  tracking mine back in July and all of a sudden in Oct I had no period. But my doctor said that happens at least once a year to some ppl so I think its normal. But Good Luck. Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"