Northern California Babies

Oven Locked in Clean mode.....

My wonderful husband moved the lever over on our oven to the "clean" position.

Now the lever is stuck in the clean mode which means the oven is locked. We trouble shooted with the manual but no luck. Its an older oven so I'm guessing the clean mode doesn't work. But the oven works perfectly fine, we just can't open it.....

Its a long shot, but does anyone have any suggestions on  how to get it out of the locked position?

Re: Oven Locked in Clean mode.....

• Hmmm...not much advice, but maybe by moving it to lock, the timer that would go on for self-clean mode went on, so maybe it will unlock on its own after the designated clean time, even though its not cleaning?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrsJulieT:
    Once put in the cleaning mode you cannot open your oven for several hours. It will go through the entire cleaning cycle and then stay locked until it cools enough to be safe to open. How long has it been in the cleaning mode and is it cleaning it?

weeks? cause this happened last monday and it hasn't unlocked.

• Loading the player...
  • imagelegaleagles:
    Hmmm...not much advice, but maybe by moving it to lock, the timer that would go on for self-clean mode went on, so maybe it will unlock on its own after the designated clean time, even though its not cleaning?

its not registering that its in the clean mode, the light isn't on but the latch won't move back over.

• That happened to us on our old oven ... DH had to force it...which broke the lock - but the oven still worked. ;(
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Have you figured it out?

You can try Googling your brand of oven (if you don't have the manual) and see if there is a "trick".  Was it easy for your DH to lock it?  Maybe it is just stuck.

• Oh no!  Hope you figured it out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • oh noo!!! I vote for a karate kick to it to see if you can dislodge it....
  • Can you just break the lever? The oven should work with a broken lever.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • thanks for the tips. I googled the oven model and I have a few things to try when i get home. If not I'm going to try and move it over. I didn't realize the oven would still work, broken lever instead of a brand new oven which is andrew's plan is way better!
  • WD40 the lever...it could just be a little stuck...if you get a little oil in there it might loosen up.
    Happy Takes Work A family blog.
    Money Matters The other half's blog.
    EJ is growing up too fast!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"