LGBT Parenting

I've been a mommy for two days :)

and its going great! i knew life would be busier but WOW - life with an active 3 year old is crazy busy.  Of course, I wouldnt trade it for anything. it has been wonderful.  Sprout is such a joy! Energetic, friendly, so smart and a heart of gold, he has already enriched our lives so much. And Rosebud, oh Rosebud, she's a beautiful little baby who loves to snuggle and as is just about as easy as babies come (::knock on wood::).  I've gotten weepy a number of times today feeling so thankful for being entrusted with the gift of these children (at which point Sprout comes over and pats my head and says "Mommy E, dont be sad, we're going to play!". 

My heart is so full.

Re: I've been a mommy for two days :)

• That is precious.  Thanks for sharing these early moments with us.  And congratulations to your whole crew!
  • Congratulations!  Sounds like you are off to a great start :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • wow, you don't know how happy you can be until there are little people living in your house.  Glad things are going so well!

• Oh Elise, I am so so happy for you and A!  And so thrilled to hear that things are going well so far!
    Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Been wondering how things are going.Glad it is all going well. Enjoy the snuggles.

~Kennedy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • OH how wonderful. Glad everything is going well.Big Smile
  • Oh CT! I am so happy to hear all of this wonderful news. It's such an amzing thing to be entrusted with a child's life, it really touches you. I know those two are so incredibly lucky. Please hug them for me.
  • How wonderful!  I love that they are so sweet and snuggly. I am so happy for you!
  • How cool!  I told K about your placements and while she thinks you are crazy (in a very good way) she was also very happy to know there are good people like you and A opening your doors to these children.

So question - did Sprout come up with Mommy E on his own? Did you let him figure out how he wanted to address you? Or was that suggested by the SW?

• imageTwo*True:

So question - did Sprout come up with Mommy E on his own? Did you let him figure out how he wanted to address you? Or was that suggested by the SW?

He actually came up with it on his own. I introduced myself to him as Miss E**** but within the evening it was morphed to Mommy E**** and just plain mommy.  The SW told us that this would probably happen because he referred to his previous foster mom as Mommy T***.  So, once he started calling me Mommy E, we referred to A as Mommy A so he would be clear that we are both his mommies.  I was just as surprised as you guys probably are at how quickly he was comfortable using that phrasing!

• I was also wondering about that too!  That's wonderful that he is already calling you "mommy"!  I hope this will be a good (hopefully a lifelong) placement for him and his sister.  Positive thoughts and warm hugs to you and A, and to the two sweet little ones!! 
  • Oh, E, I'm so glad things are going so well.

The pp's comment made me wonder, are you planning on doing FTA or just fostering for now?

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJoySeattle:

Oh, E, I'm so glad things are going so well.

The pp's comment made me wonder, are you planning on doing FTA or just fostering for now?

thanks :)   these children are currently on track for reunification with their birth mother. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"