Phoenix Babies

I need your help re: insurance

Hi ladies!

I live in CA and my sister now lives in Phoenix. She is around 7 weeks pregnant and doesn't have insurance. In CA the Planned Parenthood clinics offer prenatal services but she's finding in AZ they do not. She's not sure where to go. I'm hoping someone on here might have some insight.

I'm here in CA trying to all that I can to help her and that's when I thought of the Phoenix nesties, or bumpies!

Re: I need your help re: insurance

• Hmmm, Is she eligible for AHCCS (Arizona health care. Kind of like Cal med)?  

I did go to Planned Parenthood in LA when first pg with my son (before my maternity insurance kicked in) so it holds a special place in my heart.  I find it hard to believe that there isn't a PP that does prenatal.  I will see what I can find out. 

There are also OBs that do free exams.  And women's clinics.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I found it hard to believe about PP too. Here in CA they do it all. PP was very helpful to me in the past as well. When she went and said she wants to continue her pregnancy she was given a list of clinics but can't get an appointment with them because she doesn't have insurance. It all sounds odd to me and that's why I'm trying to get as much info as I can. Being that I'm her sister and have had 3 losses I especially want her to get her pregnant self to the doctor.

I'm going Google the women's clinics and see what I can find.

Thank you for offering help. If you do get more info you can email me at: amckinney617@yahoo.com

Thank you!!

• Loading the player...
  • I found this on the PP site.  Most do say Pregnancy services.  I would have her call and ask the receptionist for help. 

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-center/findCenter.asp

Also there is this;

https://www.americanpregnancy.org/planningandpreparing/affordablehealthcare.html

I have had 5 early losses, and 2 of those with serious complications so I understand the need for early prenatal.

Hope that helps.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you so much for your help. After reading your first post it prompted me to look up free/low cost women's clinics. I found a program called Arizona Baby that gives same day coverage to help get to the doctor while waiting for state insurance (I guess it takes 20 days). I also found a clinic 10 minutes from her address. She now has an appointment for tomorrow.

Thank you again for taking the time to care. You really helped me out. =) 

I am very sorry to hear of your losses, it's such an unfair experience to have to endure. Do you ever go on the SAL (success after a loss) board? That helped a lot when I was pregnant and now (when I have time) I'm on the PAL board.

I wish you all the best with your healthy baby on the way. Thank you again!

• i actually had the same problem Humana's open emrollement through my worl is taking me but she should have no problem getting ins through ahcccs...look up baby arizona program...if you need more assistance let me know my name is steph
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Tickerimageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"