Minnesota Babies

5 months along and in need of a job. Advice? Please Help

Hello,?

I found out I was pregnant while interviewing for a new job back in August. A day before my 3rd interview to be exact. I was offered and accepted the position, and all seemed well, but within a month (days after I informed them of my pregnancy) I was let go. They sighted other reasons for my discharge, but their reasons were bogus to put it bluntly.?

I was able to find temporary (very part time) employment at a temp agency to make ends meet while looking for a new position, but it ends next week, and I still haven't been able to find anything.

I have an interview next week for a temp position that ends basically on my due date. I am concerned that if I was offered and took the position I wouldn't be able to fulfill the length requirement. Also I am not sure as to whether or not I should tell them right away that I am pregnant (I can barely hide it anymore)

Ultimately, I need a job. I have bills to pay and soon, another mouth to feed. I am excited for my baby, but so so scared about what I will do financially.

PLEASE HELP- ADVICE? KNOW OF SOMEONE WHO NEEDS TEMPORARY HELP? KNOW OF A COMPANY THAT WOULD WELCOME MY SITUATION?

I have a variety of skills from administrative assistance to food service. I have most interest in working for a non profit, and have completed two internships with non profits in events (fundraising) and volunteer coordination, but I will take anything!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

?

Re: 5 months along and in need of a job. Advice? Please Help

• I feel that them letting you go soon after finding out you were expecting is not just a coincidence. That really makes me angry! Did you do any research to see if you can do anything? I know it's all said and done, but...My husband just mentioned to me that he thinks it's illegal. I'm kind of in the same boat, I am looking for a new job, but hate to hide the fact that I am three months along. I will keep my eyes open for any jobs and let you know if I see anything. A website that I found is www.mncn.org/jobs/

Good luck with everything!

• I feel for you because I was and still am in your situation.  I was let go back in January when I was 15weeks along, and had a couple interviews after that but then the phone calls stopped.  I have been looking for jobs for 11 months now and haven't had barely anything...I continue to apply and hope for something, and lately I've had a few phone interviews, but I am lucky to be collecting unemployment.  I wish you luck, and don't mean to be a debbie downer but it's tough out there right now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"