Minnesota Babies

Glasses for a 4 year old...help please!

Hi there!  My 4 year old son was prescribed glasses this morning since one eye seems to be stronger than the other, so they want to try to strengthen that weaker eye.  My husband and I have perfect vision, so this is all very foreign to me.  So as far as finding glasses for him, I want to go to a place with a large selection of kids glasses and are obviously helpful in sizing these things for kids.  And I think different places have pricing packages for kids and stuff??  Does anyone have any recommendations of good places to go for buying kids glasses?  Or anything special we should be looking for?  The doctor just said a pair that fits well over the nose, is comfortable on the sides of the head and hooks around his ear well so they stay on.  Any info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Ericka

Re: Glasses for a 4 year old...help please!

• When I got my new glasses at Target I was noted to myself that they had a good selection for kids.  Lots of different and trendy styles.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Really any place will have a good selection of children's glasses and should have experience fitting children.  I got glasses when I was 9 and never had issues finding a pair.  The big places you could look would be Target, Walmart, Pearl Vision, Lens Crafters, and Vision World.  And I wouldn't worry about spending a ton.  Little kids are hard on glasses so they get dirty and bent fast.  Good luck!
    imageimage

Children Photography Photo Credit: Heather Barta Photography

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"