3rd Trimester

Is anyone else obsessed with cereal while pregnant?

I used to be a huge salad eater. Now, I can't stand greens...all I want is cereal. I probably eat cereal for dinner at least 4 nights a week, and every morning for breakfast. Something about it is SO satisfying right now, and I've felt this way my entire pregnancy.

Is this normal? Sometimes I feel bad that I'm not eating many greens for my little one. Fortunately I eat quite a bit of fruit at least...

Will I ever get back my taste for salad? I actually used to crave it...

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Is anyone else obsessed with cereal while pregnant?

• I have always loved cereal, so I don't know that I am craving it more.  I hve had it for lunches and dinners though.
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hard to say if it is normal, but i feel exactly the same way.

• Loading the player...
  • I have my moments.  I buy a different cereal every week and always slice banana in it... yum!
  • I like cereal now, but I'm wondering something... how does it fill you up for dinner?  Do you eat anything with it or just cereal?  Whenever I eat cereal, I'm hungry again right away.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
  • I used to eat a big salad every day for lunch...now just thinking about it makes me gag.

Cereal is my go to food now for sure....or milk....I LOVE ice cold milk.  Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Yes! I have cereal in the morning, and then as a "dessert" every night after dinner. I don't know why it's so amazing right now, but it tastes soooo good!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • holy crap, i thought i was the only freak that did that....to top it off i change it up every week between lucky charms and capn crunch peanut butter style...lol awesome!
  • imageJibbelle:

I used to eat a big salad every day for lunch...now just thinking about it makes me gag.

Cereal is my go to food now for sure....or milk....I LOVE ice cold milk.  Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Mmm. this!!!!

• I've only had the craving since i started the 3rd tri and it's gotten worse as days go by. I can eat a whole box on my own in 4 days. It's very very sad.
  • I've had the same craving. I'll make DS lunch and then just a bowl of cereal for myself. I imagine it's my body craving the milk and calcium since that's pretty much the only time I have some dairy in my diet.
    Proverbs 12:10 "A righteous man cares for the needs of his animals ChipMonkey 3/19/08 *** Turtle 1/26/10 *** CarBear 10/06/11
  • imageCariVin:
    I like cereal now, but I'm wondering something... how does it fill you up for dinner?  Do you eat anything with it or just cereal?  Whenever I eat cereal, I'm hungry again right away.

Oh no, it does not fill me up! Usually I'll have a bowl of cereal w/ banana slices, raisins, and nuts...and some pita bread with peanut butter...and some frozen yogurt for dessert...and sometimes another bowl before bed!

• I LOVE cereal.  I eat it all the time for a snack.  I might go have some now.
  • I can't help you because I have loved cereal for so long that its hard for me to imagine life without it lol. 
  • With DD2 I ate Cereal every night... UNTIL... the dr told me that all those carbs weren't doing me any good. I was gaining so much! so I moved to crunchy grapes.

This time I eat alot of cereal too, but In moderation! 

• I love cereal!  DH was out of town for 2 weeks and without him here cooking dinner I had 1-2 bowls of Golden Grahams every night!
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • I am cereal obsessed, pregnant or not!  I luuuuuuuuuv it. 

I also can't eat greens while pg.  I was a decent salad eater before hand, but I've only been able to eat it a handful of times since I've been pg.  I've relied on fruit as well.

I think your salad taste will return when your body gets back to normal. 

IMG_3932
  • Yes. I'm not usually a cereal eater at all. I eat it at least once almost every day now. Grape Nuts, Golden Grahams, Lucky Charms, and Coco Puffs have been my obsession! I'm loving some oatmeal too... but I've always eaten that. 
  • I crave breakfast anything all the time. It does not matter if it is cereal or pancakes or eggs. I love it all!
  • I am the same exact way. I loved salad before pg. The only time I eat it now is if I crave it, which hasn't been too often. I liked cereal before pg and now I love it. I have a bowl or two almost every day! I have now been buying captain crunch or one sugary cereal to eat as a dessert at night. It's so yummyy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Never was a cereal person....now I can't get enough! I eat it for all 3 meals sometimes...lol
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagesarahmae8:
    I crave breakfast anything all the time. It does not matter if it is cereal or pancakes or eggs. I love it all!

Yes, me too! Eggs on buttered toast..that's another new obsession! And frozen waffles with warm maple syrup!

• Yes, I'm all about cereal, through this whole pregnancy, though the specific cereal cravings changed. During third tri I've been obsessed with Kashi Autumn Wheat. My bowls have gotten bigger and bigger and now a box does not last me a week.
  • I'm the same way.  I actually used to be a vegetarian but as soon as I found out I was pregnant visions of briskets and hamburgers started dancing through my head.  My favorite cereals are cinnamon toast crunch and we are currently working on finishing a box of Captain Crunch.  DH loves cereal.  Now if only he could actually get to it before I eat the whole box by myself.  Big Smile
  • I want Malt-o-meal  Smile

PHOTOS REMOVED

• All I can say is Fruit loops/Kellogs has gotten a ton of my $ this year. I don't know if I feel less bad eating cereal twice a day when the word fruit is in the name or what? I love cereal!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have to refrain from buying cereal because I will eat it all so quickly! I love cereal normally but I have definitely had some major cereal cravings during pregnancy!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"