Health & Exercise

getting frustrated

It takes time, right? Man! I really thought that since I worked out the entire preg (up to a wk before I delivered) and I started working out 2 wks post par that the weight would fall off. Sigh. I gained 26 so I was within the rec 'rate' but I'm getting frustrated. I had a goal to be in my pre-preg pants at xmas....so not happening. Maybe that was too lofty???? Not sure what this is really about other then wondering if anyone else feels/felt this way or anyone can give me some advice. My new goal is by the time L is 6 months.

Re: getting frustrated

• Don't stress, everyone is different.  I found that my hips stayed wide for almost a year before finally going back, which didn't involve the scale at all.  And I have friends that can leave the hospital in their pre-pg jeans.  It takes time for some.  Go out and buy yourself a new pair of jeans that make you feel cute now and enjoy your beautiful baby this holiday season.  FWIW, it took me 18 months to finally lose it all.  But I didn't try until DS was 1.
  • Thanks - it is hard not to compare to those women who are back to their pre-pg self in no time. I am SO grateful for my lil man and I have told dh repeatedly that I will gladly stay the size I am today to have LO in my life....but I'd still love to get back in those clothes ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"