Philadelphia Babies

Thomas Jefferson Hospital??

Im due to give birth at jefferson.. now I am hearing mixed reviews about it. Wondering if it is too late to switch

Has any one given birth there???  how was it? pros and cons??

Thanks!

Re: Thomas Jefferson Hospital??

• I loved it there.  I delivered both of my kids there and had a wonderful experience both times.

The only annoying thing is all the residents, but that is to be expected at any teaching hospital. 

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • I worked at Jefferson and chose to have my first baby elsewhere. I just wasnt comfortable with interns and residents that I knew being involved in my care.I also think the floor needs major renovations compared to other area hospitals. Its a city hospital so there are all types of patients there with various pregnancy issues....

I delivered at PA Hospital for first child and it was fine. I also had to deal with residents at this hospital. For my second child we chose a smaller community hospital and so far it has been great. Def. a much better experiance than PA hospital.

• Loading the player...
  • DS was born at TJUH and I loved it there. My L&D nurse was like an angel sent from above. She was absolutely amazing. The doctors were great and really listened to our wants and needs. I live in the 'burbs now or I would deliver there again.
  • I delivered there in April.  Overall, it was a great experience.  The L&D nurses were wonderful.  I even didn't mind the residents too much.  It was only the med students who got annoying.  LOL!  I ended up needing a c/s and DD was jaundiced so we were there for almost a week.  I would definitely recommend Jeff.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am planning on delivering there in early Feb.  I just did a NST so i got to see the L&D floor and meet some of the folks.  It seemed fine. 

I hear you about your concern with residents and strudents but I look at like this they are there to learn and its been my expierence that they take more time to make sure they have everything 100% perfect and explain everything in more depth like from a textbook so as a first time parent I view them as a bonus resource.

TJU always has a dedicated attending on the l&D floor as well as an anastegia attending dedicated to L&D which is very nice for a city hospital.

hope this helps

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"