Health & Exercise

High Cholesterol

Just looking to get some suggestions on how to control my high cholesterol while pregnant...

I'm 28 and in good health, but my high cholesterol has followed me for years due to it being in my genes.  My primary Dr. has held off on the meds prior to my pregnancy due to my age and health, but now they are telling me to get it lower and obviously without medical intervention.

The geniuses told me reduce my cholesterol intake and exercise more, but I have been doing both for years without the results they or I am looking for... (Glad they review my chart before calling me)

Any other suggestions on how to get this in control safely for myself and for my baby?

Thanks! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: High Cholesterol

• Talk to your doc, but when pregnant or breastfeeding, it is naturally higher.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • remember, bad cholesterol comes from animal products..try to cut out as much as you can

also, try to increase your good cholesterol...google it and you will find tons of resources online

good luck..it works..my hubby has high cholesterol because of genes and he is working on lowering it this same way

• Loading the player...
  • Have you limited animal products and eliminated hydrogenated oils without success? Maybe talk to your ob. Sorry I wasn't of more help!
  • Thank you everyone, great suggestions!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"