Orange County Babies

Paid Family Leave ?'s

I'm taking the additional six weeks off for PFL - baby bonding. Did any of you take the additional six weeks? Was it pretty much the same pay as disability? Did you receive the reimbursement on the same schedule as disability? Hubby noticed we haven't received anything in a few weeks. Just wanted to make sure there is something I'm missing before I call and possibly waste a few hours. TIA

Re: Paid Family Leave ?'s

• When my son was born, I took the full 12 weeks of baby bonding time (CFRA).  The first six weeks are paid at the same rate as disability (55% of salary with, I think, an $800/week max).  The second six weeks are unpaid.  You would have had to submit a separate form to the state for the CFRA benefits.  It doesn't just automatically tack on.  If you submitted the form, you should definitely call and find out what's going on.  otherwise, call your HR office ASAP for the paperwork.  Congrats on the new baby!
  • Yes, I got both. In your final disability check you should have received paperwork for PFL which you then send in. My first PFL check took a bit to come through but it was for the full weekly amount when it did. If it's been more than 2 weeks (if you can even remember when the last check arrived), I'd call to double check.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Id for sure call... I just received my last check a week ago and I've been back at work since the 1st... it is the same pay as disability - they just take some time to get to ya...if you call it seems like they approve it and have a check out within the next couple of days... GL!!!
  • Thanks! I called yesterday and they said they received my paperwork, but said it could take up to 21 business days (not including Fridays or Holidays) to approve from the received date. They even said I may not get my first check until after I'm back at work. So it seems they're a bit behind on claims.
  • imageNessdogg:
    Thanks! I called yesterday and they said they received my paperwork, but said it could take up to 21 business days (not including Fridays or Holidays) to approve from the received date. They even said I may not get my first check until after I'm back at work. So it seems they're a bit behind on claims.

Thats exactly what they told me... then I told them that I NEEDED the money and it shouldn't take that long.. they ended up putting a note on my paperwork that I called and then I called 2 days later and the check had been approved and on its way.. so hopefully the same will happen for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"