Health & Exercise
Options

rowing machine while pregnant

Does anyone know if using a rowing machine is safe while pregnant. I'm early on, so I don't have a belly to worry about it yet. I can see it being difficult later one. I guess one concern I have is the back. I know it starts to ache and I don't know if the rowing machine will just add to it. Anyone row while pregnant?

Re: rowing machine while pregnant

• Options
    I was told NOT to row by my doctor...I think there is a website (a credited one) that has a list of activities that are ok to do a whats not ok. I would check with a national OB website. Sorry I cant remember. GL and Congrats!
  • Options

"What to Expect" lists rowing as an acceptable exercise.  I have always loved rowing but lately it makes my back pain worse. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Ladies,

Please take no offense to this... but if you do not know how to row meaning you have never read or been taught proper technique. Don't do it especially if your preggers.  I've seen way to many people jump on those machines at the gym and all I can do is shake my head. You can really hurt yourself if you dont do it right.  Just a word of caution!  I used to sweep row and love it. GOODLUCK!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"