Trying to Get Pregnant

I hate scams!

I hate that you can't believe anything anymore. People are trying everything they can to scam you. I was looking at houses/townhouse in the Miami Beach area because even though we love our condo, we want a yard. Anyways I came across this ad for a house in one of the places we've been dreaming off, the reason I say dreaming is because the prices are ridiculous and we could never afford it. Long story short the price was so cheap that I emailed the owner to see if it was a typo or maybe a seasonal price and this is his response which has scam written all over!

Hi,

I did get your response concerning the AD I posted on craigslist. The house is still available but presently I'm not around. I did bid for a portion of petroleum land sometimes ago in West Africa and fortunately I won the bidding so I have to move quickly down to Africa to have my company set up because I will still have to rebid for it in the next 10 years. I came over here with my wife, we both built the house when we got married. As soon as we settle down here I had a thought of selling the house so I have to look for an agent, after getting one, we got a deal but later my wife advised against that.. She said we may not be able to win the bidding next time, in other to keep our head when we return that we have to keep the house. I reasoned with her and accepted her advise. So I contacted the agent back and requested for my keys and documents. Later we decided to have the house rent out, we would have give the same agent this job also but the truth of the matter is that the agent would want to handle it professionally and the occupant may not be able to reason along with him later.  If you notice, you will discovered that the price we are offering is far below standard price, this is enough for you to know that we are not after the rental fee but the  absolute care for the property. I know there is no way I can be sure that you are the right person to live in the house because we won't be able to see physical before sending you the keys and the documents to occupy the space. But I just had a  feeling that anyone who knows what it takes to put the kind of structure down should know that maintaining a building is mandatory, so if you belief you can take good care of the house and handle it like yours then I will be more than happy to let you rent the
house.You can go and check the house at your own convienient time..It is a yearly lease

House Address:5320 La Gorce Drive Miamibch, FL 33140.

Rent fee:$800
Refundable Security Deposit Payment:$600

Regard
Antonio.

Re: I hate scams!

• That's just bizarre.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Booooo. I hate when that happens. A guy tried to scam us once, and actually got us on the phone. We had a few phone conversations and we finally realized he was scamming us. I think he, in return, felt bad because he realized we were a nice, young couple with not a lot of chump change to spare, and never ended up calling us back. We were bummed we couldn't call him out on his game!

• Loading the player...
  • WTF.....Everyone seems to be skeeming these days....
  • I dunno.  Or maybe I'm just gullible . . .

Can you get a copy of the lease beforehand if you are interested, before putting down any money?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby #3! BFP 10/20/12 EDD 6/27/13
  • Wow, that is strange!
  • Especially since Craigslist is the scam capital. Sometime I can't believe the things that people post. And this ad had pictures of the interior of the house and all that! Wow
  • It almost seems as though he does not really have a good command of the English language.  I don't know if it's a scam or not, but it is certainly strange!!!
  • I don't think I understood one sentence of that.
  • imageDLD102:

I dunno.  Or maybe I'm just gullible . . .

Can you get a copy of the lease beforehand if you are interested, before putting down any money?

I drive by there on my way home, so I'm going to stop today and see wassup. The whole thing sounds fishy to me.

• imagesulfababy:
    I don't think I understood one sentence of that.

LOL, I agree, I had to re-read a bunch of sentences because I couldn't understand what he meant. Good thing is that English is my second languange so I somewhat understand broken English.

• Yeah that would upset me!
  • imagemeycitaa:

imagesulfababy:
    I don't think I understood one sentence of that.

LOL, I agree, I had to re-read a bunch of sentences because I couldn't understand what he meant. Good thing is that English is my second languange so I somewhat understand broken English.

English is my second language as well, so I usually understand stuff like that too. LOL But sad to say that most of my practice is with my family members, and their English vocabulary isn't really that great.  Less chance to mess up the finer points, I guess.

• imagemeycitaa:
    imageDLD102:

I drive by there on my way home, so I'm going to stop today and see wassup. The whole thing sounds fishy to me.

Mey, I want to caution you against physically stopping without your DH.  I know this is far fetched, and it might seem like I've seen one too many Lifetime movies, but there is always the chance this could be a trap for rapists, killers, etc.  If you want to check it out, please be sure to take DH with you, for your own safety.

• I have seen a handful of those on Washington state Craigslist too. By just reading it you can tell it's a scam.

Just like yours it states the owners are out of town, they are renting the house, they left keys here to people to look at the place and blah blah blah.

Good thing you didn't fall for it. But hey, they do catch a fly every now and then.

TTC #2 since Sept '16
    My Chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28017b
    TTC #1- 3 failed rounds of Clomid/ Surprise Natural BFP w/weight loss- 9/22/11 DD 5/12
    DX. Dec '09 w/ Inappropriate LH Secretion Syndrom/PCOS/ Anov 28 months
    (Former username: xxbblueangelxx)
  • imagedaniellepaoli:
    imagemeycitaa:
    imageDLD102:

Mey, I want to caution you against physically stopping without your DH.  I know this is far fetched, and it might seem like I've seen one too many Lifetime movies, but there is always the chance this could be a trap for rapists, killers, etc.  If you want to check it out, please be sure to take DH with you, for your own safety.

Thanks and I 100% agree with you.
  • I googled the address and the house is in foreclosure. LOL.

The rule of thumb on Craigslist is if its too good to be true, is a scam.

• imagemeycitaa:

I googled the address and the house is in foreclosure. LOL.

The rule of thumb on Craigslist is if its too good to be true, is a scam.

Yeah, good call. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby #3! BFP 10/20/12 EDD 6/27/13
  • Oh how terrible. Try to google his email address.

My DH posted a truck on there not to long ago and got an emailed from something asking - what is the final price. DH emailed him back with the price and the guy stated that he lived out of country but could direct deposit into our account and have a friend pick up the truck after the money cleared. DH was ready to give out account number! I googled the emailed address and found sooooo many complaints on this person scamming people accounts.

Another reason Google is amazing. :)

• imagemeycitaa:

I hate that you can't believe anything anymore. People are trying everything they can to scam you. I was looking at houses/townhouse in the Miami Beach area because even though we love our condo, we want a yard. Anyways I came across this ad for a house in one of the places we've been dreaming off, the reason I say dreaming is because the prices are ridiculous and we could never afford it. Long story short the price was so cheap that I emailed the owner to see if it was a typo or maybe a seasonal price and this is his response which has scam written all over!

Hi,

I did get your response concerning the AD I posted on craigslist. The house is still available but presently I'm not around. I did bid for a portion of petroleum land sometimes ago in West Africa and fortunately I won the bidding so I have to move quickly down to Africa to have my company set up because I will still have to rebid for it in the next 10 years. I came over here with my wife, we both built the house when we got married. As soon as we settle down here I had a thought of selling the house so I have to look for an agent, after getting one, we got a deal but later my wife advised against that.. She said we may not be able to win the bidding next time, in other to keep our head when we return that we have to keep the house. I reasoned with her and accepted her advise. So I contacted the agent back and requested for my keys and documents. Later we decided to have the house rent out, we would have give the same agent this job also but the truth of the matter is that the agent would want to handle it professionally and the occupant may not be able to reason along with him later.  If you notice, you will discovered that the price we are offering is far below standard price, this is enough for you to know that we are not after the rental fee but the  absolute care for the property. I know there is no way I can be sure that you are the right person to live in the house because we won't be able to see physical before sending you the keys and the documents to occupy the space. But I just had a  feeling that anyone who knows what it takes to put the kind of structure down should know that maintaining a building is mandatory, so if you belief you can take good care of the house and handle it like yours then I will be more than happy to let you rent the
    house.You can go and check the house at your own convienient time..It is a yearly lease

House Address:5320 La Gorce Drive Miamibch, FL 33140.

Rent fee:$800
    Refundable Security Deposit Payment:$600

Regard
    Antonio.

• hmm, my reply didn't post.

this actually is a scam. my friend was looking for an apartment in NYC and found one that was too good to be true. turns out she got the same story about the guy being out of the country and after the next correspondance he will want you to send him money and a copy of your drivers license and he will mail you the key. apparently the scam is that the keys do not work for that particular apartment nor do the people that live in the building know the person renting it, and in turn you will lose your money and the potential to have your identity stolen. Good thing my friend asked her brother (who is a lawyer and he had heard of the scam). Sometimes things really are too good to be true.

• DH and I were looking at renting a house in WA we'd found on Craigslist and when we emailed the owner, we received a response very similar to this one. The ad was too good to be true of course.

• I heard a news story on the radio the other day.  but there was a rental website that was doing this.  It looked totally legit, had people fill out a rental application (with every financial detail you can imagine) and send in part of a deposit to make sure they didn't lose the place.  It focused on people moving across country that wouldn't have a chance to see the place first.  It ended up they were renting houses that people were already living in and had no right to rent.  Just stole the pictures and info from old listings.  you have to be careful.

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I live in VA and when I was looking at a few rental houses this time last year, I emailed about a post that I found on Craigslist.  The rent was really cheap for the area and I got this exact same response, WORD FOR WORD.  The whole thing is just ridiculous.
    DS1 ~ BFP - 1/29/10  EDD 10/9/10  Born 9/27/10!
    DS2 ~ BFP - 8/26/13  EDD 5/8/14  Born 5/1/2014!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"