New York Babies
Options

i just got the swine flu vaccine

did anyone else get it yet?  any adverse reactions?

Re: i just got the swine flu vaccine

• Options

Good for you. I just read an article on the March of Dimes site on the H1N1 shot and how important it is for pregnant women since our immune systems are at our weekest as well as the benefit for our babies when they are born as they will be still protected.  On the news tonight, they said, pregnant women had the highest death toll for the swine flu... so scary.  I'm only 5 weeks, but am interested to take it and when would be a good time.  Should I wait for my 7week ob appt. or get it sooner.  Please post symptoms if any as that will be helpful and if anyone has anything to add....

TY

• Options
    I got mine last Friday and have had no problems.  My arm didn't even hurt afterwards. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got mine- my arm hurt a little but not too bad.  typically you should wait until 2nd trimester to get the vaccinations.
  • Options
    My Dr. told me to wait until my 7 weeks checkup.  He knows I am a teacher but said it would be fine.  Lets hope he is right!  I would call your Dr. and see what they say about when you should come in to get it, just to be sure.
  • Options
    I just found out I am pregnant (yesterday!) and they had shots in the office today.  There are a lot of people on message boards that got the shot in their first trimester (very early on) and miscarried within 12 to 48 hours -- scary.  I'm waiting to discuss further with my doctor this Friday.  The posting at my office says they will only give it to pregnant women in 2nd & 3rd trimesters with a doctor's note.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"