Postpartum Depression
Options

what meds are you currently on and how are they working?

just curious to know if anyone on here is on any kind of medication for assistance and how long it took before you felt relief?

what are your symptoms?

what kind of meds?

what are your side effects?

God Bless our sweet baby James. Our son, born 11/22/09. Unplanned, Emergency C-section image
"Wearing his BING CROSBY clothes and crooning...buuuh buuh buuuh" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: what meds are you currently on and how are they working?

• Options
    I plan to get a script tomorrow.  Not sure what it will be for yet.
    Married to the Love of My Life since September 14, 2002. 
    Me: 39 DH: 36
    BFP#1: 10/20/08,  EDD: 6/29/09
    PIH, bedrest for 4 wks, delivered at 39 weeks by induction and then c-section- Healthy baby boy on 6/24/09 :-)

BFP#2: 11/24/11, EDD: 8/4/12, Angel Baby- 2/19/12
    Enlarged bladder seen on U/S at 12 weeks (1/15/12), possibly LUTO or Prune Belly, Heartbeat at OB on 2/17/12,
    No heartbeat/movement at U/S on 2/20/12, (missed MC), D&E:2/22/12.  Miscarried our sweet angel boy @ 16 wks

TTCAL since June 2012, 
    Progesterone normal, FSH elevated & AMH on the low side--  "ovaries acting older"
    Clomid cycles: 50 mg in February, July, August, September, November 2013, June 2014--  BFNs!!  :-(
    August & September 2014: Clomid, HCG and IUI-- BFNs
    September 2014: FSH= 15.7 AMH= 0.25  UGH!!!  Old lady Ovaries!!!
    October & November 2014: Gonadatropin injections, HCG & IUI... BFNs!!

We have been blessed with a sweet little boy.  
    Hoping to be able to give him a sibling someday.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

I have been on Zoloft for almost a year. My symptoms were feelings of being out of control, very emotional, and anxiety for the most part. I just started seeing a new family physician, who has taught classes in BF and PPD. She put my on Zoloft and it worked wonders. I didn't feel like I was on anything and I had taken Paxil in the past and didn't like the way that made me feel. 

The only side effect is pretty much a non existent sex drive. A few months ago, I asked my doc to switch pills to increase my sex drive and she prescribed me Wellbutrin. That was awful for me, I was an emotional wreck and angry a lot and had crazy thoughts. I was put back on Zoloft, but 50mg now and I am feeling better again.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

40 mg of Prozac. It took about a week before I really started to feel normal again.

I had extreme mood swings, lack of energy, thoughts of hurting myself and my baby, lots of guilt.

No side effects from what I can tell.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • Options

I've been on Cymbalta for the past 1.5 years and it kept me "steady" and feeling well.

Prior to that I was on Effexor for a year but that hit a plateau.

Then I prior to that I was on Paxil for 10 years.

I'm wondering if there is ANYTHING that can help with this hell I'm in now without so many side effects that will make me even worse.

Saying prayers.

God Bless our sweet baby James. Our son, born 11/22/09. Unplanned, Emergency C-section image
    "Wearing his BING CROSBY clothes and crooning...buuuh buuh buuuh" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Prior to meds I was a trainwreck! Sobbing all day long, severly anxious over everything, restless but no motivation to even move off of the couch, no desire to take care of my baby, fear of the night, fear of ever having another child, depression, feeling like a failure as a mom, anger, frustration, hopelessness. 

I'm on 25 mg of Zoloft (a half of the 50 mg tabs) and it is amazing! I honestly attribute my quick bounce back from stopping the Reglan though. The combo of stopping that and starting a little dose of the Zoloft made a noticeable improvement in just a couple of days.

On meds I feel like myself, not "happy" like I took happy pills, just myself. I don't hit the wall in the evening as bad as I used to and this is also getting better day by day.

I also think I have bounced back quickly because I recognized my issue very early on, I was only spiraling out of control for about a week before I flew into the doctors office and said HELP ME!

And so far I haven't noticed any side effects, no drowsiness, no moodiness, nothing yet.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Broken boob FFing, babywearing, co-sleeping, PPD warrior,colic survivor, proud WAHM! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Momma Maven In The Making!
  • Options
    My primary symptom is severe anxiety. About everything, not just baby. Also completely irrational thinking. Just really irrational. And then of course, sadness, etc. But mostly the 1st two.

I've been on Lexapro for about a year now. Love it! Works very well for me. If I remember correctly it was about a week before I really noticed a difference. And...

I've noticed no side effects at all. Can't beat that.

GL!
  • Options
    I'm on Prozac and havent had any side effects. It is wonderful and I felt completly back to myself right around 2 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"